DOT/Medical Compliance Coordinator - #156035
Date: 02/23/2021 06:30 AM
City: Anchorage, Alaska
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
You can expect a lot from a career at Worley
Together, our nearly 60,000 people across 60 countries have already achieved many industry firsts. And we've broken several records along the way.
We're excited about the challenges ahead as the energy transition gathers pace. If you ask us, there's never been a more rewarding time to work in the energy, chemical and resources sectors.
Whatever your ambition, there's a path for you here. And there's no barrier to your potential career success.
Essential Job Functions:
- Educate and explain D&A process to managers and employees to ensure compliance with DOT regulations and the company's Drug & Alcohol-Free Workplace Policy
- Ensure completion of all DOT paperwork, including background checks, consent forms, and MVR records
- Track all DOT data, including driver qualification files, and upload into various databases
- Perform audits to maintain proper compliance with DOT regulations and D&A testing
- Respond to all external requests regarding employee DOT information
- Coordinate random and reasonable suspicion D&A testing in accordance with company policy
- Manage medical testing, including company's hearing conservation program, and ensure timely coordination of testing, data processing, audits, and reports
- Coordinate RTW fit for duties for employees in safety sensitive positions
- Consult with medical case manager, HR, safety, and supervisors regarding testing coordination as necessary
- Code invoices related to D&A, medical testing, and RTW fit for duties
Knowledge, Skills, Ability:
- Knowledge of DOT regulations with the ability to apply laws when addressing D&A testing, background checks, and driver qualification file management
- Knowledge of various HR and safety laws including OSHA, HIPAA, and ADA
- Skills in understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents
- Skills in communicating effectively orally and in written format
- Ability to deliver excellent customer service in a fast pace environment
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Ability to manage competing demands, accept criticism and constructive feedback, while being extremely adaptable and flexible
- Ability to work with and process data using computerized spreadsheets and database applications
- Ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense
Ability to travel as required
- High school diploma with two years of administrative experience in occupational health, human resources, or safety
- Two years experience working with Office Suite programs (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, & Outlook)
- One year experience working with an EHS or other database systems
- Experience with D&A compliance preferred but not required; DOT and occupational health experience a plus
- Bachelor's degree in occupational health, human resources, management, business or related field, may be substituted for experience
Physical Demand/Work Environment:
- The work is generally sedentary, requiring routine walking, standing, bending and carrying items weighing less than forty pounds [reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions].
- The majority of work is performed in a professional office setting with a wide variety of people with differing functions, personalities and abilities. Job may require some travel to remote job-sites
- Candidates must be local. No per diem or relocation offered.
What we offer you
Providing an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley.