Patient Representative- Vaccine Clinics FT, Variable Shifts - #156033
Bronson Battle Creek
Date: 02/23/2021 06:30 AM
City: Paw Paw, Michigan
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
A career with Bronson opens up new worlds. Cutting-edge technologies, clinical expertise and business innovations combined with individual human care and compassion are all a part of the experience.
BBC Bronson Battle Creek, BLH Bronson LakeView Hospital, BMH Bronson Methodist Hospital, BSH Bronson South Haven
Patient Representative- Vaccine Clinics FT, Variable Shifts
Patient Representatives are instrumental in ensuring the efficient and effective flow of patient access needs throughout the organization. Responsibilities may include greeting and registering patients, gathering and entering appropriate demographic and insurance/billing information, verification, scheduling appointments, providing patients with financial information, price estimates and the collection and entry of payments. Current knowledge of billing and coding requirements and the ability to apply these based on industry standards is required. Ability to resolve patient financial issues and negotiate payment arrangements. Representatives must fully understand the ramifications and impact of incomplete or inaccurate information to patient care and the overall revenue cycle. Position works in a team environment and delivers exceptional customer service. Other duties as assigned. Employees providing direct patient care must demonstrate competencies specific to the population served.
- This Patient Representative position will be responsible for supporting community vaccination clinics across the Bronson system in Calhoun County, Kalamazoo County, and Van Buren County as well as outreach partnerships in Southwest Michigan. This position will be need to meet the demands of variable scheduling including evening and weekend hours.
- This is a temporary position with an unknown duration of employment due to the specific function of supporting COVID-19 vaccination clinics. Upon notification of this temporary role ending, you would be provided a minimum of 60 days to bid on other positions for which you are qualified within the Bronson System.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Associate's degree in related field, or 2 years related experience and/or training in a healthcare environment preferred. (Would consider 2 years of experience in a business office setting)
- Within 18 months of employment, must be registered to take the Certified Healthcare Access Associate (CHAA) certification through National Association of Healthcare Access Management (NAHAM), and required to obtain within 24 months of hire, plus maintain certification during employment. Primary source verification can take up to two months after the CHAA exam from NAHAM. Verification from the Bronson Preceptor for the CHAA can provide the preliminary document of pass or fail. Passing the CHAA will allow them a two month grace on the schedule until primary source can be verified. Please reference the CHAA Certification Standard Operating Procedure (SOP).
- Patient Representatives assigned to an Emergency Department team will be placed into a weekend standby rotation based on facility. This standby rotation begins Friday at 7pm to Monday at 7am. This standby rotation could occur from two to no more than six times a year.
- Previous customer service experience required.
- Experience with third party billing (including county, state and federal) strongly preferred.
- Medical Terminology, CPT and ICD-10 coding strongly preferred.
- Basic typing at 45 WPM, basic ten key, and computer skills within a Windows environment.
- Payment processing experience.
- Experience with multiple computer applications/operating systems, and office machines.
- Knowledge of HIPAA and confidentiality requirements, insurance payer regulations and requirements, and patient rights.
- Knowledge of revenue cycle components and his/her role in the ability to impact the overall process.
- Knowledge of the impact of accurate registration has on patient satisfaction.
- Analytical skills to solve simple to semi complex problems.
- Organization, prioritization and time management skills.
- Concentrate and pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Be flexible to facilitate change.
- Ability to maintain composure in a position that has considerable deadlines, customer contact and high volumes of work which produces levels of mental/visual fatigue which are typical of jobs that perform a wide variety of duties with frequent and significant uncontrollable deadlines. Work may include the operation of and full attention to a personal computer or CRT up to 40 percent of the time. The job produces some physical demands. Typical of jobs that include regular walking, standing, stooping, bending, sitting, and some lifting of light weight objects.
- Greets and/or registers patients accurately and efficiently.
- Verifies insurance eligibility using online systems.
- Provides and/or completes required patient forms.
- Collects and enter payments, follows required balancing procedures.
- Analyzes, interprets and enters physician orders.
- Scans and indexes forms.
- Schedules and communicates appointment information accurately and efficiently for multiple facilities and ancillary departments.
- Verifies insurance for scheduled and urgent emergent patients following guidelines established per payer and obtains authorization based on payer specific criteria.
- Accurately completes assigned work queues.
- Assists with financial counseling needs.
- Maintains confidentiality in verbal, written and electronic communication.
- Follows established processes, protocols, and workflows.
- Takes initiative to resolve problems and meet patient needs.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
7699 COVID Vaccine Clinic (BMH)
Please take a moment to watch a brief video highlighting employment with Bronson!