Corporate Vice President of HR - #156024
Date: 02/23/2021 06:00 AM
City: Herndon, Virginia
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Position Location: Herndon, VA
As the premier provider of Federal safeguarding services, Paragon Systems, Inc. (Paragon) is seeking a strategic leader as Corporate Vice President of Human Resources. With over 14,000 employees across the United States, the Corporate VP of HR will serve as a senior leader for both Paragon and Securitas Critical Infrastructure Services, Inc., providing direction and spearheading HR initiatives across all business Sectors.
Your strategic contributions and HR insight into solving operational issues and achieving business goals across multiple organizational levels will be essential to the company's continued growth. As an executive team member, you will drive talent identification, acquisition, and development; spearhead human resources innovation; and provide company compensation and benefit program guidance.
The position offers an executive level compensation package including an annual incentive plan. The comprehensive benefit plans available include medical, dental, vision, LTD, and life insurance.
Understands business strategy and translates into HR priorities and initiatives; takes a proactive approach to identifying key people, issues, and opportunities; builds strong business cases to support recommended courses of action; makes effective recommendations and maintains credibility with other corporate leaders as an effective business partner.
Oversees the operations of the HR personnel supporting each Sector. Provides guidance, direction, and leadership to HR staff while applying and evaluating policies and procedures.
Designs, implements and improves retention and career development plans.
Reports to the CEO and works closely with all corporate leaders as a valued and trusted resource to identify organizational and talent areas for development, and recommends/implements solutions.
May interact and/or present to the Paragon Board of Directors.
Evaluates company culture; develops strategies to proactively engage leadership and recommend measures to improve employee satisfaction and engagement levels.
Advises business leadership on a variety of issues related to motivating, coaching, managing conflict, and addressing performance and behavior concerns.
Oversees the recruitment and selection of candidates for executive/management vacancies; develops and implements recruitment plans to address short- and long-term staffing requirements.
Cultivates a supportive and inclusive work environment for all of employees. Crafts and leads strategies to drive on-going company diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives.
Collaborates with colleagues in affiliate companies/shared services, as appropriate, to identify, develop and implement effective HR practices.
Oversees the investigation of and response to employment-related claims and charges.
Provides interpretations of company policies and procedures for the Company in relation to all HR disciplines; guides Sector and field offices in the administration of pay, incentive and benefit programs, and in handling performance management issues and other employee relations matters.
Ensures that all Sectors in Company adhere to and comply with applicable company HR policies and EEO/Affirmative Action requirements.
- May assist Company management in labor relations matters, sales and marketing efforts, and financial review of labor, incentive, and benefit costs; may direct the Company's training and development activities.
The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AT ENTRY
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
MINIMUM HIRING STANDARDS:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a reliable means of communication.
- Must have a reliable means of transportation.
- Must be a US citizen.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
- Must meet the education and experience requirements of the position.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment screening process, including drug screen and background investigation.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Bachelor's degree and 8 years of progressive responsibility in HR executive or leadership role or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company. SPHR certification preferred. Multi-state experience desirable. Ability to obtain and maintain Secret clearance level is desirable but not required.
COMPETENCIES (as demonstrated through experience, training, and/or testing):
- Strong executive presence, excellent decision-making skills and the ability to work with a high degree of discretion.
- Proven track record of strong leadership skills, high sense of urgency and proactive decision-making capabilities.
- Demonstrated ability to build credibility and effective relationships with all levels of management and associate level staff.
- Effective leadership, management, and coaching skills; excellent interpersonal, collaboration and communication skills (oral and written) to successfully communicate across all organizational levels; managerial courage, ability to have effective critical conversations, using diplomacy and tact to defuse complex situations effectively.
- In-depth knowledge of effective human resources practices and legal/regulatory framework in a service industry environment.
- Skill in directing, implementing, and monitoring human resources policies and procedures in a multi-site organization.
- Presentation and group facilitation skills, including adaptation to various audiences such as first-line employees, management and customers.
- Ability to analyze personnel and financial data and develop recommendations and solutions.
- Strong customer and results orientation.
- Ability to think strategically and develop innovative solutions.
- Excellent planning, organizing and leadership/supervisory skills.
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Ability to be an effective member of and lead project teams.
- Ability to use standard office productivity software.
- Ability to carry out multiple assignments concurrently.
- Skill in clear and concise oral and written communication.
(Physical/Mental Demands) With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Maintaining professionalism in dealing with authorities, senior executives, clients, and staff, occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, controlled substance testing, and behavioral selection survey.
- Required ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Handling and being exposed to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular use of vehicle required in the performance of duties.
- Regular talking and hearing.
- Close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Occasional to regular travel to company offices and other locations.
- Directing, motivating, training, and coaching staff in a positive manner.
- Reading and analyzing reports and data, including computer usage.