Assistant Director Corporate Media Relations - #156015
Date: 02/23/2021 06:00 AM
City: Hartford, Connecticut
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
You are a driven and motivated problem solver ready to pursue meaningful work. You strive to make an impact every day & not only at work, but in your personal life and community too. If that sounds like you, then you've landed in the right place.
Assistant Director, Corporate Media Relations
Media, Public and Community Relations team
As the Assistant Director, Corporate Media Relations, you'll report directly to the head of Media, Public & Community Relations, and work collaboratively with other members of the public relations team. The Assistant Director, Corporate Media Relations will oversee the development and execution of public relations aimed at enhancing the company's reputation, including promoting sustainability initiatives, financial news and earnings, as well as other corporate functions and announcements. In addition, you'll be a key member of the issues management team responsible for responding reactively to media inquiries and serving as a spokesperson on the company's behalf. Another component of the role includes managing the development and distribution of Headliner, a daily wrap-up report of news about the company and the insurance industry, which is sent to senior leaders.
- Manage the development and execution of public relations plans related to the company's corporate functions. This includes media relations support for sustainability, community relations, human resources, investor relations, IT and government affairs.
- Develop news releases and talking points; aggressively pitch stories; handle interviews of company personnel; and shepherd stories through to completion.
- Manage media relations for significant issues including litigation, legislation, regulatory changes, real estate, jobs and catastrophes. As well as liaison to the social media team.
- Media train and prepare executives and subject matter experts for media interviews.
- Manage the development and distribution of Headliner.
- Manage local CT media relations strategy.
- Provide on-site event support.
- Track latest media coverage and distribute to appropriate stakeholders.
- Develop media results report for specific initiatives and Headliner and end-of-day clips report.
- Maintain and update the company fact sheet.
- Manage online newsroom and vendor services.
- 4 year degree (Communications, Journalism, or English preferred) or equivalent experience required.
- A minimum of seven years of related work experience in the fields of media relations, corporate communications, journalism or public relations required.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully develop and implement integrated communications strategies that advance the business objectives of the organization.
- Demonstrated understanding of the news media and social media, as well as experience working with local, national and trade reporters on complex matters.
- A team player with excellent planning and organizational skills with the ability to juggle multiple tasks and changing priorities.
- Results-orientated – motivated to achieve high standards and continuous improvement.
- A grasp of complex issues that can potentially face a Fortune 500 company and an insurer, including experience with financial matters.
- A confident, strategic thinker who can provide strategic communications and counsel to executive management.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with a strong attention to detail.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age
AD Public Relations - MM07AE