MSSQL DBA - #156012
Cognizant Technology Solutions
Date: 02/23/2021 06:00 AM
City: Earth City, Missouri
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Cognizant is looking for MSSQL DBA with below skill match
Location: Earth City - MO
MSSQL DBA- would assist with the management, support, and oversight of the database environments and business continuity processes. This resources would assist with managing, maintaining, monitoring and securing (including data security) of all databases including installations, upgrades, patches and documentation. The DBA will work across the enterprise to coordinate with the various stakeholders. This is an experienced individual contributor position that will work with cross-functional team members for day-to-day activities.
- Strong experience in Database Administration in SQL Server ( 2012 and above)
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, replication issues, log shipping issues, connectivity issues, security issues etc.
- Experience in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, using Performance Monitor, SQL Profiler and other related monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Ability to detect and troubleshoot SQL Server related CPU,memory,I/O, disk space and other resource contention.
- Strong knowledge of backups, restores, recovery models, database shrink operations, DBCC commands, Clustering, Database mirroring, Replication.
- MS Azure Experience is a plus
Cognizant is committed to veteran and military communities. Cognizant has been often recognized as a military friendly employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our business resource group Veterans Network assists our military associates in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to demonstrate the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence.
Cognizant (NASDAQ: CTSH) is a leading provider of information technology, consulting, and business process outsourcing services, dedicated to helping the world's leading companies build stronger businesses. Headquartered in Teaneck, New Jersey (U.S.). Cognizant is a member of the NASDAQ-100, the S&P 500, the Forbes Global 1000, and the Fortune 500 and we are among the top performing and fastest growing companies in the world.
Our strength is built on our ability to work together. Our diverse backgrounds offer different perspectives and new ways of thinking. It encourages lively discussions, inspires thought leadership, and helps us build better solutions for our clients. We want someone who thrives in this setting and is inspired to craft significant solutions through true teamwork.
SNo Primary Skill Proficiency Level * Rqrd./Dsrd. 1 MS SQL Server PL4 Required
- Proficiency Legends
Proficiency Level Generic Reference PL1 The associate has basic awareness and comprehension of the skill and is in the process of acquiring this skill through various channels. PL2 The associate possesses working knowledge of the skill, and can actively and independently apply this skill in engagements and projects. PL3 The associate has comprehensive, in-depth and specialized knowledge of the skill. She / he has extensively demonstrated successful application of the skill in engagements or projects. PL4 The associate can function as a subject matter expert for this skill. The associate is capable of analyzing, evaluating and synthesizing solutions using the skill.