Manufacturing Engineer - #155979
Stanley Black & Decker, Inc.
Date: 02/23/2021 05:00 AM
City: Ooltewah, Tennessee
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Manufacturing Engineer – Ooltewah, TN
We Don't Just Build The World, We Build Innovative Technology Too.
This is the career you've been waiting for your whole life. Joining the Stanley Black & Decker team means working in an innovative, tech-driven and highly collaborative team environment supported by over 58,000 professionals in 60 countries across the globe. Here, you'll get the unique chance to impact some of the world's most iconic brands including STANLEY TOOLS, DEWALT, CRAFTSMAN, MAC TOOLS and Black & Decker. Your ideas and solutions have the potential to reach millions of customers as we work together to write the next chapter in our history. Come build with us and take your career to new heights.
Who We Are
We're the World's largest tool company. We're industry visionaries. We're solving problems and advancing the manufacturing trade through innovative technology and our Industry 4.0 Initiative. We are committed to ensuring our state-of-the-art "smart factory" products and services provide greater quality to our customers & greater environmental and social value to our planet. We are unique in that we have a rich and storied history dating back to 1843, but that hasn't stopped us from evolving into a vibrant, diverse, global growth company.
Who You Are
You're a self-motivated, creative individual aimed at improving our business performance by applying best practice improvement tools to become productive, satisfy our customers, and deliver more value to our shareholders. You also have:
- Bachelor's degree (B.S. or B.A.) in Engineering or related field
- Advanced degree (MBA/MS) a plus
- Lean Certification a plus
- Six Sigma Black Belt a plus
- Five years' management experience in manufacturing environment is preferred
- Working knowledge in the use of Statistical Quality Control metrics preferred.
- Proficiency in-group and individual training techniques, including "train the trainer" tasks.
- Ability to develop valuable process maps.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively facilitate and communicate at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to effectively present information to varying groups of managers, executives, or other groups of associates.
What You'll Do
STANLEY Engineered Fastening is searching for a results-oriented Manufacturing Engineer to will improve our work environment safely, drive quality improvements, provide premier customer service, develop a qualified workforce, reduce operating costs, inventories, and lead times through continuous improvement in the site systems. In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for developing and deploying continuous improvement initiatives within the SINF's Global Operations and Strategic Sourcing Teams. Specifically, you'll:
- Foster the adoption of continuous improvement as a way life; creating a culture of change.
- Champion and lead initiatives that integrate Lean/Sigma throughout the facility, using continuous improvement (CI) tools such as; kaizen events, 5S, Six-Sigma, "standard work", OEE, mistake proofing, etc. to reduce waste, optimize capital assets and improving material flow.
- Establish and champion the 5S process within the facility.
- Primary site contact for Stanley Production System Implementation (liaison with SPS/4.0 partners)
- Assist in the identification and cross leveraging of best practices across the entire NA Operations team.
- Lead the implementation, coordination, and evaluation of continuous improvement actions across the extended value streams to eliminate waste and achieve targets.
- Responsible for coaching the site leadership team in achieving the Site KPIs aligned with the site performance and CI goals.
- Support the integration of previously unconnected processes (departments) into appropriately (shared resources) interconnected extended value streams as seen from the customer's perspective.
- Support the development and utilization of current and future state value stream maps to identify strategic projects and corresponding rolling 12-month implementation plans that are aligned with the company's strategic direction.
- Work with internal/external suppliers and customers on improving the total enterprise.
- Support the identification of production requirements within the site ensuring alignment with process departments on needed capacity and priorities to achieve value stream goals along with the development and deployment of appropriate planning, replenishment and signaling tools and methodologies aligned with key engagement in business S&OP process.
- Ensure consistent application of CI methodology and standard work in alignment with CI peers from other locations.
- Contribute to the manufacturing facility to achieve productivity, inventory, quality, throughput, space, and safety objectives established for the facility
- Develop a training and education plan to ensure associates possess the knowledge and skill required to implement and maintain Lean/Sigma efforts
- Commit to the Environmental Health and Safety Mission, being a top business priority, and strive to implement best practices to exceed regulatory compliance.
- Cell development and improvements
- Material flow and elimination of Powered Industrial Vehicles
- Plan and coordinate Lean/Sigma events within the supply chain.
- Select and develop kaizen event leaders
- Facilitate creative visual manufacturing boards throughout the facility.
- Perform 5S audits to ensure gains are made and to sustain improvements
- Utilize suppliers in Kaizen events to assist in the transition to CFM as needed.
- Contribute to new products and product transfers are integrated into facility using CFM techniques
- Ensure "standard work" is vigorously implemented using straightforward work instructions to sustain the improvements
- Lead the follow-up efforts established from Kaizen events
Benefits & Perks
You'll get a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability, 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Paid Time Off, including paid vacation, holidays & personal days, and tuition reimbursement. And, of course, discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and products and well as discount programs for many other vendors and partners.
What You'll Also Get
- Career Opportunity: Career paths aren't linear here. Being part of our global company with 60+ brands gives you the chance to grow and develop your skills along multiple career paths.
- Learning & Development: Our lifelong learning philosophy means you'll have access to a wealth of state-of-the-art learning resources, including our Lean Academy and online university (where you can get certificates and specializations from renowned colleges and universities).
- Diverse & Inclusive Culture: We pride ourselves on being an awesome place to work. We respect and embrace differences because that's how the best work gets done. You'll find we like to have fun here, too.
- Purpose-Driven Company: You'll help us continue to make positive changes in the local communities where we work and live as well as in the broader world through volunteerism, giving back and sustainable business practices.