Manufacturing Supervisor - #155969
Date: 02/23/2021 05:00 AM
City: Sheboygan Falls, Wisconsin
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
At MilliporeSigma, the Manufacturing Supervisor will supervise personnel and resources for support of the packaging and manufacturing of chemical products.
- Develop subordinate's knowledge and skills to improve performance and expand abilities.
- Coordinate the group's efforts to assist in meeting department and company objectives.
- Assist in the selection process of candidates in a manner consistent with company policies
- Ensure subordinates are trained for the tasks and procedures assigned and have access to proper equipment.
- Lead and motivate through positive reinforcement, encouragement, example, and communication of company values.
- Resolve personnel conflicts and problems as they arise.
- Ensure skills and knowledge development occurs to allow employees to maximize performance in their current positions.
- Encourage and assist development toward individual career objectives or potential consistent with company needs.
- Provide guidance, additional training and development opportunities.
- Ensure information is passed on to subordinates in a timely fashion.
- Communicate information to other groups or individuals to ensure company objectives are met
- Encourage collaboration between subordinates and other groups.
- Schedule tasks and processes to meet department and company objectives
- Ensure resources are available when needed, which may include the production of more difficult products and/or scale-up of processes.
- Review "Safety Procedures", MPR's, MMP's, MMF's Operating Procedures, etc. for inconsistencies and error and modify as appropriate in a timely manner.
- Identify, evaluate and implement process improvements and expand group's abilities through subordinates.
- Identify, evaluate, implement PDSA's, and support the company's 5S system.
- Ensure group maintains acceptable housekeeping to meet company standard.
- Report incidents and assist in investigating causes and follow up with appropriate actions.
- Shift: Sunday – Thursday 11:00pm – 7:30am
- Wear appropriate protective gear, such as hard hats, glasses/goggles, chemical resistant suits, gloves, safety shoes and other personal protection equipment
- Lift, push, and / or pull up to 50lbs
- Sit, stand, walk, reach above the shoulder, stoop, kneel, twist, crouch, and or crawl
Who You Are:
- Bachelors Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry, or related life science discipline with 3+ years of experience in manufacturing, production or R&D experience OR High School Diploma, or GED Equivalent with 5+ Years of experience in manufacturing, production or R&D
- 1+ year of supervisory, management, or lead experience
- Experience working with quality systems and requirements such as ISO standards, or Semiconductor practices
- Experience with manufacturing production or R&D experience, project management, planning and scheduling
- SAP experience
- Strong leadership skills: Motivate employees and coordinate employee activities, as well as deal with any disciplinary issues that may arise
- Strong communication skills: Engage their employees and work with management to make sure the job gets done; able to clearly explain what needs to be done will be necessary
- Excellent communication skills with experience working with all levels of the organization and cross-functional groups
- Excellent problem-solving & Analytical skills: Proven ability to analyze different information and make decisions based on needs, priorities, changing business conditions, and budgetary constraints
- Attention to detail: Quality control & making sure cleaning, upkeep and safety standards are maintained, or efficiencies are realized and self-starter
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.