Team Lead, DSO - #116479
Visa is a world leader in payments and technology, with over 259 billion payments transactions flowing safely between consumers, merchants, financial institutions, and government entities in more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable, and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive while driven by a common purpose – to uplift everyone, everywhere by being the best way to pay and be paid.
Make an impact with a purpose-driven industry leader. Join us today and experience #LifeAtVisa
The Dispute & Support Operations Team Lead will lead a team of Dispute and Support Operations (DSO) team members of different levels, completing dispute work on behalf of DPS and VDMS clients. They are subject matter experts in their field and as such will be a point of contact and escalation within the department for complex dispute matters. Candidate will establish processes for efficient completion of Prepaid, Debit, and Regionals disputes in order to maximize resource utilization rates and Client recoveries.
- Oversight and development of a team, coaching and mentoring team to maximize performance
- Manage methods of delivery through the optimization of established workflows, ensuring that all cases are worked within set timeframes and in accordance with local, federal, and Visa regulations
- Monitor the daily workload and allocate or assign cases based on priority, work type, and available resources
- Strengthen relationships with key Clients and internal business partners including Global Arbitration and Compliance, Processing Sales, Client Support, and various Product organizations
- Follow established operating guidelines for the delivery of support and standards of performance
- Provide escalation support for complex internal and external dispute related issues
- Provide information and direction to external and internal clients regarding Visa, Plus, and Interlink operating rules and regulations as it applies to disputes, re-presentments, pre-arbitration, pre-compliance, and case filing
- Provide career advancement opportunities (when applicable), timely coaching and performance evaluations and management when necessary
- Open tickets and communicate system or settlement issues to leadership or internal partners
- Communicate via email and phone to Visa DPS Clients and Network associates as necessary
- Work in a matrixed environment
- Potential domestic and international travel may be required
- Work off business hours as required
- A proven track record for identifying and proactively sharing dispute processes that maximize productivity and efficiency.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office 2-3 set days a week (determined by leadership/site), with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% or more of the time based on business needs.
2 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
3 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
Comprehensive knowledge of Visa’s International Operating Regulations, industry trends, and industry best practices or Network Operating Regulations
Able to convey the meaning of these regulations in a meaningful and comprehendible way
Comprehensive knowledge of US Federal Regulations E and Z
Proven track record for making sound business decisions, managing both short and long-term goals, and achieving high quality operational results and customer commitment
Qualified individual will possess the initiative and judgment to ensure customer expectations and service levels are exceeded
Exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills are required
Highly proficient at managing and presenting ideas through the use of desktop tools, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Capable of making sound business judgments in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
A proven track record for identifying and proactively sharing dispute processes that maximize productivity and efficiency
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.