Tax Analyst (PH) - #88397
The Tax Analyst will assist the tax department with the corporation’s U.S. tax compliance function. As part of the shared services center team in the Philippines, the Analyst will work closely with the U.S. tax team by primarily gathering data, preparing workpapers, and preparing U.S. tax forms in tax compliance software. The Analyst will also assist with other large ad hoc projects.
- Prepare U.S. federal, state, and local income, and franchise tax returns accurately and timely. This includes the gathering of certain data and the preparation of all permanent and temporary tax adjustments and other tax workpapers used in the calculation of U.S. federal taxable income.
- Prepare U.S. federal, state, and local extension requests and estimated tax payments of the Company accurately and timely.
- Prepare U.S. property tax returns and corresponding supporting workpapers
- Assists with maintaining tax records, related schedules and reports, and tax calendar for tracking dues dates of all filings.
- Assists with researching and responding to notices from state and local taxing authorities.
- Proactively interact with the Company’s accounting systems and finance personnel to gather information, resolve tax-related problems, and make recommendations for process improvements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Ability to multi-task while still meeting deadlines
- Desire to perform in a high-energy team environment
- Financial analytical expertise
- Project management skills
- Oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team with professionals at all levels
- Computer proficiency in both accounting mainframe systems and PC applications
- Master’s Degree a plus
- 1-3 years of U.S. federal & state income tax compliance experience
- Experience with Thomson Reuter’s ONESOURCE tax compliance software
- Experience with BNA Asset accounting software a plus
This position requires advanced language skills including the ability to read, write, analyze and interpret instructions, correspondence, legal documents, financial reports and/or technical documents. The ability to respond effectively to clients, employees and management and to handle sensitive and/or confidential communications is also required.
This position requires a working knowledge of Microsoft Office products. This position must have knowledge of both mainframe systems and PC applications.
This position requires advanced mathematical skills including the ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide and interpret complex numbers, financial data and reports. The ability to apply such concepts to create reports and financial records and present them effectively is also required.
The physical demands of this position are similar to those found in a standard office environment. Employee may spend 6- 8 hours per day sitting and working at a computer. The ability to adjust focus, use hands to grasp, finger, handle, reach or feel and sit for prolonged periods are needed for this position.