Sustainability Manager - #116188
We are the independent expert in assurance and risk management. Driven by our purpose, to safeguard life, property, and the environment, we empower our customers and their stakeholders with facts and reliable insights so that critical decisions can be made with confidence.
As a trusted voice for many of the world’s most successful organizations, we use our knowledge to advance safety and performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions to tackle global transformations.About SCPA
We help our customers respond to the increased demand for trust and transparency around products, assets, supply chains, and ecosystems, driving the transformation of the assurance industry. Whether certifying products, sharing claims or optimizing and decarbonizing supply chains, DNV helps companies manage risks and realize their long-term strategic goals, improving ESG performance and generating lasting, sustainable results. Drawing on our wide technical and industry expertise, we work with companies worldwide to bridge trust gaps among consumers, producers and suppliers
About the role
Are you looking to lead the growth of ESG and sustainability services in an innovative, digitally enabled, purpose driven business? Are you motivated to support customers and drive positive impact to their business and the society to achieve success through a range of assessment, advisory and analytics solutions?
We’re recruiting for a growth focussed Sustainability Manager/Lead with proven seller-doer consulting experience in the domain of ESG and Sustainability to join our Global Sustainability, Assessment & Assurance team to help us achieve our vision and goals.
This is an exciting opportunity to achieve growth as a seller doer, lead the delivery of projects, ensure service excellence for clients and play an important role in development of others within the team.
We help clients implement, improve and demonstrate their commitment and progress towards authentic sustainability goals. Our portfolio of assurance and consulting projects include non-financial Report Assurance, ESG strategy, responsible sourcing, climate change related services including LCA, Green Finance and human rights. You will get the opportunity to win, lead and develop our work on a wide range of sustainability services.
When doing this, you will get the opportunity to engage with many of the region’s leading companies and brands across a wide range of sectors and to leverage a suite of services and digital technologies to scope, sell and deliver innovative solutions.
We have this role open in multiple locations - Singapore, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and Manila, Philippines.
- Proactively seek to identify customer needs, develop tailored solutions and sell these to new and existing clients.
- Leading and communicating effectively with your project teams and clients.
- Lead a team of 2-3 sustainability assessors.
- Introducing services from your own/existing discipline(s) to new clients and new services to existing clients.
- Carrying out independent assurance audits for clients Sustainability/Integrated reports (IR)/ESG reports based on various reporting frameworks like GRI, IR Framework, SASB, TCFD etc.
- Involvement in independent assessment / verification of client’s sustainability indicators involving environment (Scope 1, 2 and Scope 3 emissions), social and governance indicators.
- Involvement in the execution of ESG Assurance projects.
- Involvement in review and assessment of client’s net Zero Targets or Science based Targets.
- Involvement in materiality assessments, impact assessments, review of stakeholder engagements.
- Support organizations in implementing TCFD recommendations, assessing climate-related risks and opportunities, and supporting them in preparing high-quality disclosures to enhance transparency and enable informed decision-making by stakeholders.
What we offer
- Flexible work arrangements for better work-life balance.
- Guaranteed Annual Wage Supplement.
- Generous Paid Leaves (Annual, Compassionate, Marriage, Maternity, Paternity & shared parental leave, Adoption leave, Childcare & Extended Childcare Leave, Examination leaves, National Service (NS) leave, medical leave, Prolonged Illness leave).
- Medical benefits (Clinical treatment, Emergency Medical Services, Specialist Consultation, Paediatrician Consultation, Inoculations (Hepatitis, H1N1 & Flu), Dental Treatment, Annual Medical Examination, Hospitalization & Surgical Benefits)
- Maternity Benefits.
- Pension and Insurance Policies (Central Provident Fund, Group Term Life Assurance, Group Personal Accident Insurance, Travel Insurance, Work Injury Compensation Insurance).
- Training and Development Assistance (Training Sponsorship, On-The-Job Training, Training Programme).
- Additional Benefits (Long Service Awards, Professional Membership, Gym Subsidy, Mobile Phone Reimbursement).
- Company bonus/Profit share.
*Benefits may vary based on position, tenure/contract/grade level*
DEFAULT DEI STATEMENT: DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity
- University Degree in Engineering / Environmental science or Sustainability studies.
- Additional qualifications relevant to sustainability subject areas from GRI, SASB, BRSR, ISO 14064 etc. will be an advantage.
- At least 7-10 years of proven track record in delivering ESG & Sustainability services.
- Strong problem solving and data analysis skills, data interpretation and first principal problem-solving approach.
- Proven track record of leading & delivering of Sustainability services as a trusted advisor and thought leader in their domain of ESG / sustainability.
- Proven project and/or team leader, delivering service excellence.
- Able to provide sufficient guidance, support and feedback on performance of team members.
- Excellent and effective communication and written skills.
- Collaborate well with others; share knowledge, experience, and information; support others in the pursuit of team goals.
- Ability to interact and cooperate across cultures.
- Willingness to travel and work around Singapore and on occasions overseas.
Knowledge and Skills:
We are looking for senior and dynamic candidates who:
- Has a good understanding of ESG reporting frameworks, such as GRI, CDP, IR Framework.
- Has a good understanding of GHG Protocols, ISO 14064 and SBTi.
- Has relevant experience in ESG Assurance on various ESG disclosures in line with ISAE 3000 (revised) and / AA1000 assurance standard.
- Has a good knowledge of existing and evolving ESG concepts and practices across sectors/geographies including Life Cycle thinking.
- Has a deep understanding of the ESG market in the region.
- Is good in leading the project deliveries - delivering on-time, on-budget and achieving high levels of internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Maintains flexibility in work hours and work independently with minimal supervision.