Supply Chain Transport Supervisor - #100867
Date: 2 weeks ago
City: Cebu City, Central Visayas
Contract type: Full time
- Plans and manages right sized land fleet transportation and services which includes the monitoring, evaluation, and development of the performance of each hauler, truck, and truck personnel.
- Formulation and implementation of medium and long-term strategies geared toward optimizing transportation efficiency and costs from the plants, terminals, warehouses to customers.
- Leads coordination amongst the various departments and other business units to effectively and efficiently increase work output, cost reduction, systems control, improve methods, process, and procedures.
- Optimizes resources through constant planning and evaluation.
- Active lead in developing and evolving haulers to conform to CEMEX standards.
- Establishes public relations and liaison with internal and external customers, government agencies, and industry counterparts to enforce and implement local country transport-related laws and regulations.
- Enforces strict compliance with company policies, procedures, and operating standards by all employees and 3rd party service providers under Logistics Transport organization.
- Champions the implementation of Road Transport Safety policies and practices pertaining to contractor management, vehicle maintenance, and personnel training for all active contracted fleet in the Visayas (and support as needed to Mindanao) Logistics area of responsibility.
- Leads the Visayas (and support as needed to Mindanao) Transport organization; trains, calibrates, and develops key personnel competency to deliver high level of Logistics transport performance.
- Understanding of Transport GPS and Dashcams
- TRANSPORT PLANNING: Evaluates fleet capacity vis-à-vis domestic demand, local transport laws, and customers’ product focus. Involved in domestic planning strategies in forecasting transport requirement on an annual basis
- TRANSPORT OPERATIONS: Ensures fleet availability throughout all business units. Evaluate cost effective and efficient Transport strategies. High level audit of 3rd party service levels vis-à-vis charter party agreement. Implementation and sponsorship of Transport projects and initiatives.
- TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT: Provides 3rd party and in-house training to align fleet personnel according to CEMEX core values of customer service, integrity, and collaboration. Strong emphasis placed on transport safety, adherence to corporate regulations, and drug / alcohol-free workplace
- FLEET MANAGEMENT: Actively manages trucks, and other secondary distribution systems to move products from CEMEX source point to clients or other CEMEX business units in the country. Formulates vehicle worthiness audits and inspections to ensure CEMEX carriers operate at an optimum level.
- FLEET MANAGEMENT: Actively manages trucks and other secondary distribution systems to move products from CEMEX source point to clients or other CEMEX business units in the country. Formulates vehicle worthiness audits and inspections to ensure CEMEX carriers operate at an optimum level.
- INNOVATIONS AND CONTINUOUS DEVELOPMENT: Employs modern methodologies and current technology to enhance Fleet Visibility, Transport Operations, and Road Transport Safety.
- Bachelor's Degree holder
- At least 2-3 years relevant experience in Fleet Management in a 3rd Party Logistics Company/logistics administration.
- Understanding of Vehicle-related Skills (driving)
- Can start ASAP