Strategic Sourcing Analyst (Direct Materials) - #101322
Manages direct material tool & spare part sourcing and procurement for the assigned TE plants in Philippines. Conducts spend/supply base analysis to identify cost reduction opportunities and executes on those opportunities. Localize the supply base. Manages direct material supplier relationships and performance (quality, delivery, & cost). Collaborates with Engineering/Manufacturing to obtain cost reduction and Supply Chain to control inventory levels.
- Develop a local supply base
- Executes sourcing strategies.
- Develops and manages supplier relationships and performance.
- Obtains market, industry, and supplier information for key commodities/materials so that she/he can be referred to as knowledgeable in those areas.
- Executes the competitive bid, negotiation, and contracting processes for direct materials.
- Handles all aspects of negotiations with suppliers including, price, volume, delivery, quality, and service & inventory levels.
- Collaborates with Design Engineering and manufacturing teams to drive NPI project execution and determine direct material specifications/requirements, and supplier capabilities, and to drive cost reduction.
- Drive material localization efforts to achieve cost reduction and delivery service flexibility
- Acts as an escalation point for delivery and quality issues that cannot be resolved by direct material buyers and obtains favorable resolutions for TE.
- Reports and implements key TE Supply Chain Metrics (STR--delivery, Commercial Productivity—cost reduction, DLPM--quality).
- Ensures direct materials are sourced in full compliance with TE policies and guidelines.
- Lead quarterly supplier scorecard review to drive supplier performance improvement in quality, delivery, cost
- Lead the supplier audit for new vendors
- Lead annual audit for key suppliers