Software Test Engineer - #101111
Emerson is looking for a highly motivated, self-directed individual to join our Manila Test team. As part of the team, your main role is to ensure product quality, predictability and delivery of our software products. As a Principal Software Test Engineer, your active involvement and participation is expected in the initiation and planning phase of a project throughout the execution phase and until test closure. The team is working with computer software systems whose software architecture is designed for the distributed enterprise using the latest technologies. The ideal candidate should have an aptitude for testing and leadership skills.
In this Role, Your Responsibility Will Be:
- Develop in-depth technical knowledge in our products. Understand and analyze existing software and hardware products and is one of the recognized experts in the department.
- Review and understand project documents (concept document, design document, user story, use case document, etc.). Lead/Participate in backlog refinement reviews, task definition and project estimation.
- Define test scope based on requirements, provide domain-level test estimates, developing and executing test plans, reporting issues, improving test process, and providing information on product enhancements.
- Leads the technical direction of the test group. Develop test plans and strategies that support the validation of software, including performance, interoperability, compatibility, security, usability, and automation.
- Define areas to measure in terms of product performance and determine scalability limits.
- Analyze and Interpret data generated from performance test results. Create performance test documentation and collaborate with the development team to discuss these results.
- Identify complex test cases and use cases that need to be created or updated. Collaborate with the team leads and developers to understand new functionality being delivered to ensure the validity of testing to be done.
- Develop test configuration. Prepare and configure complex test systems.
- Execute scripted and exploratory test cases. Plan validation work.
- Lead incident reviews and triaging.
- From a testability and quality standpoint, make decisions optimized for a broad view of the entire product, considering all its features.
- Review and provide input for technical manuals and user documentation as required.
- Create test summary reports.
- Prioritize and manage testers’ tasks and backlog. Ensure that deliverables are still on target and raise critical issues early.
- Solves complex problems across product boundaries.
- Mentor Senior Engineers regarding mastery of the product.
- Provide department level technical direction on the project, products and processes and contribute to overall process improvement.
- Establish clear responsibilities and processes for monitoring work and measuring results.
Who You Are:
You will Focus on continuous improvement and you should have the knack on identifying and seizing opportunities for synergy and integration. You adjusts communication content and style to meet the needs of diverse stakeholders. You will formulate clear strategy and maps the aggressive steps that will clearly accelerate the organization toward its strategic goals.
For This Role, You Will Need:
- Graduate of a BS Engineering course (ChE, EE, ECE, ME, Comp Sci, Comp Eng, ICE or equivalent degree) plus at least 8 to 10 years of relevant experience
- Ability to troubleshoot complex systems and write in-depth technical report.
- Strong verbal communication skills to effectively collaborate with the technology team.
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently.
- Ability to collaborate remotely in a multi-cultural environment and lead interactions across department.
- Has been recognized as a technical expert on a specific software or hardware product in a department.
- Excellent project-management skills. Ability to lead and deliver projects on time, with the highest quality.
- Ability to make decisions optimized for a broad view of the entire product, considering all its features.
- Ability to identify technical risks and help formulate corresponding mitigation plans.
- Has attention to details, creative with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to lead a group of Test Engineers, provide department level technical direction on the project, products and processes and mentor Senior Engineers.
- Experience in System Performance and Scalability testing.
- Experience in configuring and troubleshooting Windows operating systems and computer networks.
- In-depth knowledge on Azure Devops is a strong plus. Advanced knowledge of testing methodologies and when certain strategies are recommended.
- Solid experience in software development life cycle (SDLC).
- Familiarity with one of the following process industries: hydrocarbon processing, oil and gas, pulp and paper, specialty chemicals, pharmaceutical, food and beverage or power generation.
- Knowledgeable in Virtual Machines
- Experience working with databases such as MS SQL, MySQL, MongoDB
- In-depth experience and expertise with usage and testing Emerson Asset Management Software products.
- Experience in conceptualizing and leading process improvements.
Preferred Qualifications that Set You Apart:
- Experience in popular test automation tools (specifically Ranorex)
- Experience in Agile Software Development is a BIG PLUS
- Experience with cloud-based applications using Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their unique experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas and diversity of thoughts, that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers.
This philosophy is fundamental to living our company’s values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place. Learn more about our Culture & Values and about Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Emerson.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, please contact: ***************@emerson.com.
Our Commitment to Our People
At Emerson, we are motivated by a spirit of collaboration that helps our diverse, multicultural teams across the world drive innovation that makes the world healthier, safer, smarter, and more sustainable. And we want you to join us in our bold aspiration.
We have built an engaged community of inquisitive, dedicated people who thrive knowing they are welcomed, trusted, celebrated, and empowered to solve the world’s most complex problems — for our customers, our communities, and the planet. You’ll contribute to this vital work while further developing your skills through our award-winning employee development programs. We are a proud corporate citizen in every city where we operate and are committed to our people, our communities, and the world at large. We take this responsibility seriously and strive to make a positive impact through every endeavor.
At Emerson, you’ll see firsthand that our people are at the center of everything we do. So, let’s go. Let’s think differently. Learn, collaborate, and grow. Seek opportunity. Push boundaries. Be empowered to make things better. Speed up to break through. Let’s go, together.