Software Developer - #101108
Emerson is looking for highly motivated individuals to join a global development team using state-of-the-art technologies to deliver a next-generation asset performance software platform. The team designs and develops computer software systems whose software architecture is designed for the distributed enterprise using the latest technologies available. As a Software Developer, you will be responsible for designing and developing applications to add new features and improve the robustness, performance, and scalability of our asset performance platform.
In this Role, Your Responsibilities Will Be:
- Ensure that development methodologies and programming standards are applied to develop high-quality new and legacy software products in complex environments
- Learn appropriate skills and tools including web, component, and service (back-end type) applications using technologies such as C#/WPF/.Net/MVVM, C++/MFC, SQL Server databases
- Perform complex software design to ensure the efficiency, reliability, and usability of applications
- Work with teams, Leads, and architects from understanding up to delivering project requirements on schedule
- Research and recommend new technology and tools to accomplish development team objectives
- Provide input in task definition and project planning
- Provide guidance and mentorship to other members of the team
- Work effectively in a multi-site, multi-cultural organization
Who You Are:
You adapt quickly to changing resource requirements. You view mistakes as opportunities to learn. You analyze multiple and diverse sources of information to define problems accurately before moving to solutions.
For This Role, You Will Need:
- Graduate of Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or equivalent with at least 5 years technical experience
- High energy and drive in steadfastly achieving the desired results on schedule
- Experience in representing analysis and designs using UML
- Solid OOA/D background and skill - Good object-oriented programming, analytical and debugging skills
- Software development experience using one or more of the following OO-related programming languages and frameworks: C#/WPF/.Net, C++/MFC
- Understanding of Software Development Lifecycle, Agile, and Scrum
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision (self-motivated, self-disciplined, etc.)
- Good organizational and documentation skills
- Clear and concise communication skills, both oral and written
Preferred Qualifications that Set You Apart:
- Experience in Performance Optimization development
- Experience in database programming using MS SQL Server
- Experience in understanding and representing analysis and design using UML
- Knowledge of TeamCity, Jenkins, and Azure DevOps for build and deployment
- Knowledge of device driver development
- Good Interest in the cybersecurity domain
- Experience with web applications leveraging one or more of the following technologies: Angular, HTML5, CSS, ASP.NET, WebSocket, SignalR
- Experience with version control systems such as Git
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their unique experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas and diversity of thoughts, that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers.
This philosophy is fundamental to living our company’s values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place. Learn more about our Culture & Values and about Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Emerson.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, please contact: ***************@emerson.com.