Sewage Treatment Plant Operator - #87657
Pilmico Foods Corporation
Pilmico Foods Corporation & Gold Coin Management Holdings are the integrated agribusiness and food companies of Aboitiz Equity Ventures, Inc. (AEV). Gold Coin is now fully-managed and owned by Pilmico International and to date, it is the largest investment in the Asia-Pacific region in their shared history.
Pilmico comprises four divisions: Flour, Feeds, Farms, and Trading; enabling growth to its partners through its consistent quality products and unparalleled supporting services. Meanwhile, Gold Coin is a pioneer in animal nutrition and the manufacturing of scientifically-balanced animal feed in Asia.
With their combined strengths, Pilmico & Gold Coin represent one of the largest privately-owned agribusinesses in the region, with over 2,900 partners throughout the multitude of production facilities across 11 countries in Asia.
In its journey moving forward, the Aboitiz Group will drive change for a better world by advancing business and communities. Armed with Pilmico and Gold Coin's mission of feeding humanity, they aim to take a leadership position in innovating the food value chain in the Asia Pacific.
The Sewage Treatment Operator is responsible for the effective and efficient operations of Sewage Treatment Plant. Ensuring safety, reliability and efficiency on all machineries and equipment. Closely monitor the applicable parameters set by RA 9275 or the Philippine Clean water act and report all abnormalities, conditions and parameters that exceed the set standards. Performs basic STP equipment troubleshooting procedures, inspection of pumps and valves and monitoring of lubrication and oil levels of equipment.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- In charge of the operation and monitoring of the following equipment: pumps, Control Panel, dosing pump, air blowers and reactors.
- Report to SHE Manager any problem that may arise in the sewage treatment plant
- Log all necessary information in the logbook such as flowrate and others that may be called for by the Environmental Specialist.
- Inform and coordinate to the SHE Department any abnormal or emergency situation.
- Oversees the housekeeping cleaning of all areas at Sewage Treatment Plant.
- Regulates the flow of incoming wastewater by adjusting pumps, valves, and other equipment, either manually or through remote control.
- Keeps track of the various meters and gauges that monitor the treatment processes and indicate how the equipment is operating. Using the information from these instruments, it controls the pumps and blowers that move the untreated water through the processes of MBBR aeration, settling, and sludge digestion.
- Operates chemical-feeding devices, collects water samples, and performs laboratory tests, so that the proper level of chemicals, such as chlorine, is maintained in the wastewater.
- Records instrument readings and other information in logs of plant operations. These logs are supervised and monitored by operators.
- Performs maintenance works like oil and lubrication checks at regular intervals, conducts minor repairs on equipment such as valves and pumps. They may use common hand tools such as wrenches and pliers and special tools adapted specifically for the equipment.
- Supervises removal of accumulated residues of wastes for proper disposal.
- Generates reports which includes graphs, tables, sketches, and diagrams to illustrate plant operational data and recommends immediate solutions if needed.
- Files plans and documents, answers public inquiries, helps train new personnel, and perform various other support duties.
- Control equipment and monitor processes that remove or destroy harmful materials, chemicals, and microorganisms from wastewater.
- Conduct the laboratory tests necessary for the control of the operation of a sewage treatment plant.
- Run tests to make sure that the processes are working correctly.
- Keep records of water quality and other indicators.
- Operate and maintain the pumps and motors that move water and wastewater through filtration systems.
- Monitor the indicators and make adjustments as necessary.
- Read meters and gauges to make sure that plant equipment is working properly.
- Take samples and run tests to determine the quality of the water being produced.
- Use computerized systems to monitor plant processes.
- Plan emergency reaction protocols.
- Keep records that document compliance.
- Work on shift (12am-8am, 8am-4pm, 4pm-12am)
- Work on holidays, Sundays or other operational emergencies as the need arises.
- Complies with quality, Halal, health and food safety policy, standards and regulations of the company.
- Responsible for reporting problems related to Halal, food safety & quality management system to identified authorities.
- Actively participate in all company programs and activities under quality improvement, safety & security, sustainability, corporate social responsibility, risk management etc.
- Performs other tasks related to the job as may be assigned by the immediate superior.
- Preferably licensed Chemist
- Preferably with 2-3 years experience in Sewage Treatment Plant operation.
- Preferably with experience in basic laboratory analysis.