Senior Operations Engineer - #101423
Ops Engineer – Wholesale Banking Billing
Your role & work environment
You are an energetic Ops Engineer with a passion for IT and a positive can-do mindset. You are a team player working as a core member of a multidisciplinary and cross-functional squad whom primary driver is the customer. Close collaboration within and across the squads and with the consumer is of utmost importance for you.
You will join the Global Billing IT Chapter, which is part of the Wholesale Banking Tech organisation. You are providing software engineering capabilities on 3 software applications (Global Billing, Deal Pricing and Fee reporting). These manage the chain around dealing, pricing and invoicing the ING WB customers, primarily on payments & cash management products. These applications are strategic in the domain enjoying considerable investment and an ambitious roadmap ahead!
The team functions in a cross-border, Agile way of working and all staff join forces to deliver the priorities as efficiently as possible, making use of experience, knowledge, availability, motivation of everybody. As such, you will have the possibility to be active in other tasks of the team making the job varied and technically enriching.
Your key responsibilities
You are responsible for the technical configuration/implementation and running of 3 software applications.
This very varied Job allows you to touch all aspects of Ops engineering
As an Ops Engineer you are closely involved E2E on all parts of the application lifecycle (from application level to infra – full stack engineer) and contributing to:
- Day to day monitoring of the applications in various environments (Prod/UAT…). Taking ownership for keeping the applications up and running
- Resolving incidents and supporting the application (incident/problem/change management)
- You apply continuous delivery practices as part of your daily work (Azure DevOps etc). Install all application patches and releases
- Integrating external package into ING environment/infrastructure/interfaces (no application development)
- Implementing all mandatory security standards to ensure IT risk is and remains under control (security monitoring, vulnerabilities etc…)
- You maintain parts of the infrastructure stack and migrate to new infrastructure (Linux, Dbaas, IPC, networking…)
- You perform Life Cycle Management (including decommissioning if needed) and configuration.
- You improve the environment (monitoring, technical automation, scripts etc…). An automation mindset
- You will gain process knowledge of the business application. Knowledge of the pricing and billing domain is a major plus
Contribute to the new way of working:
- Where possible and needed, you take on tasks/activities that contribute to the purpose, even when they are not entirely within your area of expertise.
- You continuously develop your own expertise while gathering, updating and spreading knowledge about developments and challenges regarding your area of expertise by embedding lessons learned and best practices.
We look for
A colleague with a talent for taking it on and making it happen, enthusiasm for helping others to be successful and a knack for always being a step ahead. In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas to life and embrace challenges in a fast changing and complex environment.
As a Senior Operations Engineer you will also need:
- A passion for IT, technically minded
- You have strong IT analysis skills
- You are a confirmed IT analyst/OPS engineer with several years of experience, preferably in :
- Web related
- Infra stack (related to devops shift left, servers, Db’s, interfacing…)
- Software application support and maintenance
- Integrating third party packages
- Linux knowledge
- Oracle database knowledge
- You have strong communication skills
- IT market focus: seeking for major trends in the new way of working, including Lean IT, continuous delivery, cloud processes, etc.
- Eagerness to learn. Willing to continuously upgrade your skills
Education and Professional certifications
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree or equivalent by experience
- Good written and spoken knowledge of English
We offer you
A clear purpose, a unique offer and a range of flexible compensation and other benefits:
- Personal growth & challenging work with endless opportunities to realise your ambitions
- An informal, dynamic environment with innovative colleagues supporting your endeavours
- A progressive and agile way of working, where new ideas are valued ahead of convention
Furthermore, within the Wholesale Banking department, you can count on a range of opportunities to invest in your personal and professional growth with:
- Cross border alignments
- Be part of the WB strategy
- Challenging projects & a steep learning curve
We redefine banking. What about you?
There has never been a more interesting time to work at ING. We’re on a journey that’s centred around our customers, powered by technology and driven by smart, determined people. Our customers feel our people are empowering them to stay a step ahead in life and in business. We’re proud of that!