Senior Operations Assistant - #116392
Asian Development Bank
This is a fixed term appointment with option to renew for an initial period of 3 years following Section 3.1 (b) of Administrative Order No. 2.01 (“Recruitment and Appointment’). This appointment is not convertible to a regular appointment. After the initial fixed period, ADB has the option to renew the appointment for up to three years or allow it to expire. This decision is based on ADB’s overall interest in retaining the skills and experience of the staff for a medium-term work program within the respective group, department, or office, while considering the availability of funding sources.
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its .
The position is assigned in the Disaster Risk Management (DRM) Team of the Climate Change, Resilience, and Environment Cluster (CCRE) within the Climate Change and Sustainable Development Department (CCSD). CCSD provides leadership in thematic operations, knowledge innovation, and partnerships to position the ADB as the region’s climate bank. CCRE coordinates and provides strategic guidance on ADB’s work on climate change, disaster risk management, and environmental sustainability, and administers climate and disaster risk management funds. CCRE’s DRM Team is responsible for operationalizing ADB’s Disaster and Emergency Assistance Policy (2021) to increase relevance of ADB’s support in strengthening the resilience of its developing member countries to disasters and emergencies.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click .
The Senior Operations Assistant will provide administrative support to activities overseen by CCRE DRM Team, particularly supporting policy- and strategy-related work, technical assistance (TA) processing and implementation, data collection and consolidation, events organization, knowledge production and dissemination, and coordination of other DRM activities as may be required. The incumbent will report primarily to designated International Staff and/or Senior National Staff.
- Provides day-to-day administrative support to the DRM team, including, but not limited to, preparing and distributing routine correspondences and memos; providing efficient reception services and dealing with inquiries in a timely manner; arranging meetings and events; managing business travel arrangements; and maintaining an organized and updated electronic filing system in SharePoint.
Support to Policy- and Strategy-related Work
- Coordinates and monitors processing of policy- and strategy-related documents, timely reporting emerging issues to relevant staff.
- Supports the arrangement of DRM consultations and high-level events/activities related to the implementation of ADB’s disaster and emergency assistance policy.
- Contributes to the preparation of DRM-related reports, briefing notes, presentation materials, speeches, and other materials through data research and consolidation, document editing, and dissemination.
Support to Technical Assistance (TA) Processing and Administration
- Supports TA processing by ensuring proper formatting of documents, coordinating the document review process and consolidation of feedback, monitoring TA processing schedule and updating project records in ADB systems (eOperations), and coordinating the finalization of TA documents (editing, securing clearances/endorsements) and TA approval (Management Approval System).
- Assists in TA administration and implementation including in monitoring budget, drafting memos and correspondences; consultant recruitment and contract management; processing TA closure and completion report; and keeping TA record updated in eOps and similar databases/platforms.
- Communicates within ADB and externally regarding TA administration and TA activities.
- Performs background research and analysis, as required, to support the preparation of DRM knowledge products and coordinates the publishing and dissemination of these materials, including systematically documenting the resources for easy retrieval.
- Supports the organization of DRM-related trainings and events including in budget preparation, logistical arrangement, engagement of resource persons, dissemination of activity information, and coordination with internal and external participants, in line with protocol and communications-related requirements as needed.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned and reflected in the incumbent’s work plan.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business Administration, Accounting, Commerce, Economics, Engineering, Management, Social Sciences, or other relevant discipline
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and sound data management skills
- Thorough understanding of the role and function of the division/office/department and a good general understanding of the organization's purpose
- Ability to multitask and work well under pressure
- Good working knowledge of ADB's procedures, formats and standards relevant in the performance of assigned work, including the use of Sharepoint
Please refer to the linkfor ADB Competency Framework for AS5.
The selected candidate, if new to ADB, is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive . Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB’s standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual’s qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.