Senior External Auditor - #88439
John Clements Consultants, Inc.
As a GDS/Senior External Auditor, you would be the main point of contact from GDS for the tasks assigned by the global client serving assurance teams and be responsible for the timeliness and quality of deliverables along with managing day to day operations of those engagements. The role requires the individual to possess technical knowledge, including ability to interpret reviews and accounting standards and strong project management skills along with excellent communication and leadership skills. GDS/Senior External Auditor would have associate level personnel to work with and get the tasks executed from them along with performing a review as a senior, which is defined by the Global client serving assurance teams.
- Lead an engagement from the global front and ensure the team delivers timely and high quality work, as per company and in line with the Global team expectations.
- Demonstrate strong understanding of GAM while performing reviews of procedures performed by GDS staff, along with knowledge of company tools to make reviews more efficient and meaningful.
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with key Company Global counterparts like Assurance executives based out of Americas or Europe.
- Develop an understanding of Company Quality and Risk Management procedures and ensure these are embedded into the engagement team’s work.
- Proactively discuss workflow management with the assurance teams, allocating resources to the assigned work and monitoring performance against standards. Monitor utilization for one’s team, budget to actuals, and other operational matters.
- Demonstrate professionalism, competence and clarity of communication when dealing with GDS and Global teams and establish expectations of value to be delivered to the respective GDS Global teams aligned.
- Be responsible for various operational matters and identify opportunities to improve the scope of work for GDS on one’s own engagements.
- Standardize review processes along with leveraging best practices across one’s aligned engagements or beyond.
- Motivate and lead one’s GDS team members, identify and foster key talents, coach and supervise team members and conduct timely performance reviews and provide performance feedback/training.
- Must be a graduate of BS Accountancy
- Certified Public Accountant is very much preferred / Open to Non-CPA
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in accounting & audit function (external audit is preferred)
- At least 1 year of leadership experience
- Familiarity with accounting principles and audit standards
- Strong knowledge of PFRS/IFRS, PSA and Taxation
- Knowledge of accounting and assurance standards or knowledge of IFRS / UK GAAP / US GAAP and International review standards is an added advantage.
- Excellent communication skills
- Effective interpersonal, risk management, facilitation and presentation skills
- Project management, leadership, coaching, counselling and supervisory skills
- Ability to spread positive work culture, teaming and live values
- The ability to quickly form strong working relationship with colleagues and global teams