Senior Director, Record to Report Service Delivery Lead, Asia Pacific - #100929
The Coca-Cola Company is a 135+ years old total beverage company, offering over 500 brands in more than 200 countries and territories. We’re constantly transforming our portfolio, from reducing sugar in our drinks to bringing innovative new products to market. We’re also working to reduce our environmental impact by replenishing water and promoting recycling. With our bottling partners, we employ more than 700,000 people, helping bring economic opportunity to local communities worldwide.
Learn more at Coca-Cola Journey at www.coca-colacompany.com.
We are in search of a Senior Director, Record to Report Service Delivery Lead for our business in the APAC region who would lead a team of Legal Entity Controllers (LECs) and analysts responsible for managing the end-to-end US GAAP and Local GAAP financial reporting process, statutory reporting, and tax compliance for the geography, which includes support to Operating Unit/s and legal entities/companies incorporated into the company’s consolidated financial statements filed with the US Securities and Exchange Commission on a quarterly frequency for quarter and full year results. Local country statutory filings are done typically annually for financial statements and typically monthly and/or as required for tax.
This is a People Manager role
ROLE LOCATION: The location of the positions and whether or not relocation benefits are provided will be discussed at the time of offer. In instances where relocation is provided, current mobility policies will apply. All policies are subject to amendment, revision, or discontinuance at the sole discretion of the Company.
What You’ll Do for Us:
- With focus on finance service delivery, be responsible to partner with Center Finance (primarily the Controller’s Group, Corporate Treasury, and Corporate Tax), Region/Franchise, and Operating Unit (OU) leadership and teams to execute work driving business results and regulatory compliance.
- Supported by a Value Delivery team, provide guidance to and oversee the activities and output of a Managed Services Provider (MSP) team with associates performing Record-to-Report activities via an ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) system for a material portion of the company’s operations impacting the external disclosure of the company’s financial statements (i.e., Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow, and Notes).
- Review and approve the work of the MSP in accordance with established policies and procedures including following a threshold. Also ensure the MSP’s compliance with agreed protocols and where deviations occur, institutes remediation actions.
- Responsible for maintaining RTR data quality, ensuring compliance with standards and consistency of information output for financial reporting and business consumption in partnership with various teams and stakeholders. The quality of actual financial information recorded in the company’s books of accounts not only for statutory filings but also for operational business needs is a critical enabler to the growth agenda.
- Support a healthy internal control environment by executing activities in accordance with designed processes that address control risks as defined in the company’s Risk and Control Matrix.
- Partner effectively with service providers in audit and tax to deliver and meet regulatory requirements.
- Partner with various stakeholders to support internal and external audits.
- Partner with various stakeholders in implementing new business models or new entities, and/or liquidating entities as relevant.
- In partnership with the Transformation team, the RTR Service Delivery Director is also responsible to provide support to and implement Platform Services global initiatives that standardize and automate work across the networked organization. The RTR Service Delivery team also proposes changes to policies, procedures, and systems where they can alleviate constraints, risks, and issues.
- Subject matter expert for issue resolution and escalation raised by stakeholders (including the MSP partner) including exception management.
- Partner with various Finance teams (i.e., Platform Services/Finance Hub, Controller’s Group, Corporate Audit Department, Corporate Treasury, Corporate Tax) to ensure timeliness and accuracy of the company’s accounting records, financial statements, and statutory (financial and tax) filings.
- Enable business continuity by establishing resource and other protocols in partnership with the Enterprise Strategic Security team to support specific risk scenarios.
- Key member of the leadership team of the Record-to-Report Service Delivery organization.
- Managing the end-to-end financial reporting process for multiple countries requires solid knowledge of accounting rules as well as the company’s financial policies and procedures applied to business transactions recorded in the company’s books of accounts. This encompasses recurring revenue and cost transactions, receipts and disbursements, capital expenditures and operating expenses, accruals and writeoffs, tax provisions and deferments, working capital and investments, debt and equity including interest income and expense, currency remeasurement and translations including FX gains and losses, as well as significant non-recurring items like acquisitions and impairments recorded and maintained within the company’s information system infrastructure.
- The work also entails compliance with data and process standards as well as the maintenance of data attributes that enable relevant business reporting (i.e., cost center management, profit center hierarchy, general ledger account structure, financial periods, etc.).
- To be effective in the role, this leader must be able to influence and partner with various stakeholders including third parties to align expectations, timelines, deliverables, and priorities amidst multiple demands, time pressures, and business changes.
- Demonstrating strength in solving complex problems, ability to drive actions from analyses and insights, good judgment, and decision-making competencies are key success traits in the role. Exhibiting leadership and growth behaviors (i.e., curiosity, empowerment, agility, inclusiveness), being solution-oriented, communicating effectively, and upholding an environment conducive to high performance are imperative.
- Promoting standardization and simplification as well as best practice-sharing across teams to raise overall organizational effectiveness.
- Leading and developing a team of talented associates by providing challenging career opportunities while also providing coaching and mentoring.
- Upholding and supporting a learning culture in the team and across the network.
- 12-15 years of leadership experience in Corporate Finance including managing direct teams or a service provider with an extensive work scope, involving financial and management accounting areas requiring influencing, communicating effectively, and collaborating with senior leaders
- CPA/MBA/ ACCA/Chartered Accountant would be desired
- Extensive knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS
- General knowledge of tax environments
- Understanding of SAP and/or equivalent RTR financial tools and systems
- Relevant involvement in significant change projects and initiatives
- Virtual management across cultures and time zones
- Experience in a multinational company with a global footprint
- Operational excellence mindset
- Strong demonstration of business acumen, financial competency, language fluency, global thinking, effective communication, systems proficiency, change adaptability, flexibility, being able to operate in ambiguous situations, people management, business partnership and collaboration, and risk management.
What We Can Do For You
- Agile & Innovative Software Platforms: Each day we are working to improve efficiency and reporting using top tier platforms and technologies.
- Connections: We work cross-functionally across different business groups to make sure that we can put together the clearest numbers & projections for our customers.
- Diverse Customers: We work with thousands of customers each day which range from international large-retail chains, grocery stores, restaurants, airports, and so many more.
Leadership; Account Closing; Business Analytics; Financial Modeling; Key Performance Indicators (KPI); Cash Flow; Budgeting; Financial Performance; Financial Statements; Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP); Project Management; Microsoft Office; General Ledger (GL); Communication; Strategy Development; Problem Solving; Financial Performance Management; Teamwork; Corporate Finance; Profit and Loss (P&L) Management; Financial Forecasting
Our Purpose and Growth Culture:
We are taking deliberate action to nurture an inclusive culture that is grounded in our company purpose, to refresh the world and make a difference. We act with a growth mindset, take an expansive approach to what’s possible and believe in continuous learning to improve our business and ourselves. We focus on four key behaviors – curious, empowered, inclusive and agile – and value how we work as much as what we achieve. We believe that our culture is one of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years. Visit Our Purpose and Vision to learn more about these behaviors and how you can bring them to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. When we collect your personal information as part of a job application or offer of employment, we do so in accordance with industry standards and best practices and in compliance with applicable privacy laws.