Screening Data Collection Analyst - #116018
Your team responsibilities
The core responsibility of the team is to research and assess companies’ activities and business ties relating to certain themes, such as but not limited to alcohol, animal welfare, medical ethics, weapons, country sanctions, and sustainable impact activities, using a variety of sources including company websites, annual reports, sustainability reports, third-party providers, investor presentations, news and media publications, government data, and other disclosures provided by the company itself or its associates.
What we offer you
- At MSCI we are passionate about what we do, and we are inspired by our purpose – to power better investment decisions. You’ll be part of an industry-leading network of creative, curious, and entrepreneurial pioneers. This is a space where you can challenge yourself, set new standards and perform beyond expectations for yourself, our clients, and our industry.
- Wherever you are located you will find transparent compensation schemes and employee benefits that can help ensure your financial security and health. While they vary by different locations, we offer a broad range of benefits that are part of the value you receive as an MSCI employee.
- Our flexible ways of working will allow you to maximize your potential, and we will empower you with the trust, accountability, and advanced technology to perform at your very best.
- You’ll find a purposeful approach to wellbeing to provide you with all the resources you need to be your best at work and in your personal life. Our ‘Here For You’ Employee Assistance Program is available for our employees globally, providing confidential emotional support, financial and legal advice free of charge.
Your key responsibilities
- Conduct deep dive research for global companies’ business involvements, such as but not limited to alcohol, animal welfare, medical ethics, weapons, country sanctions, and sustainable impact activities using sources such as company websites, annual reports, sustainability reports, and other documents.
- Analyze from company annual reports for revenue estimation based on certain parameters for involvements.
- Handle feedback received from companies, coordinate with internal teams for escalation, and track queries for timely resolution within SLA.
- Contribute to further improving processes and applications in ESG Screening team.
- Participate in projects in relation to ESG-wide data transformation initiatives.
- Managing and monitoring data coverages as part of BAU and expansion.
- Investigate and resolve internal and external client queries.
- Taking ownership of data processes assigned and working independently as needed.
Your skills and experience that will help you excel
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, economics, sustainability, or related degrees. Familiarity with responsible investment principles is a plus. At least 1 year working experience in related industry of field.
- Analytical skills and has strong attention to details.
- Knowledge in reading and analyzing company disclosures, such as annual reports and sustainability reports.
- Excellent English comprehension, writing and communication skills.
- Good computer knowledge, including a good working knowledge with Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong background in process oriented/data heavy tasks.
- Ability to work in a collaborative global team environment.
How we’ll support you
- Our culture of high performance and innovation relies on our people sharing their knowledge and lifting each other up. You’ll be surrounded by a collaborative, global network of talented colleagues who will support and inspire you to do the best work of your career.
- We believe new and challenging experiences drive personal growth and innovation. With the right challenges, encouragement, and development support you can shape your own career experience. Career paths are multi-directional, and we encourage and support internal mobility to help you identify new opportunities to progress and take control of your future.
- As a new joiner you’ll be enrolled on our Global Orientation interactive learning experience to set you up for success.
- Our tailored learning opportunities will enable you to acquire the skills you need at your own pace, choosing between the courses and certifications best suited to you. Our Learning@MSCI platform coupled with access to LinkedIn Learning Pro will provide you with all the resources you need for to accelerate your professional growth.
- At MSCI we act in ways that encourage respect for all voices, ensuring that everyone can be themselves and feel like they are a part of the company. We are intentional about ensuring that everyone is treated fairly and supported with equal opportunities to succeed.
- We have eight MSCI Employee Resource Groups: All Abilities, Asian Support Network, Black Leadership Network, Climate Action Network, Hola! MSCI, Pride & Allies, Women in Tech, and Women’s Leadership Forum.
MSCI is a leading provider of critical decision support tools and services for the global investment community. With over 50 years of expertise in research, data, and technology, we power better investment decisions by enabling clients to understand and analyze key drivers of risk and return and confidently build more effective portfolios. We create industry-leading research-enhanced solutions that clients use to gain insight into and improve transparency across the investment process.
To all recruitment agencies
MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location, or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected parental leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. MSCI is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please email [email protected] and indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. Please note, this e-mail is intended only for individuals who are requesting a reasonable workplace accommodation; it is not intended for other inquiries.
Note on recruitment scams We are aware of recruitment scams where fraudsters impersonating MSCI personnel may try and elicit personal information from job seekers. Read our full note on careers.msci.com
Job : Data Services Primary Location : Philippines-National Capital Region-Manila Job Profile : Analyst Time Type : Full Time Department : Data Services & Technology Job Posting : Feb 9, 2024, 12:30:00 PM