Risk Specialist (Fraud and Financial Risk) - #88247
FWD Life Insurance Corporation
The Risk Specialist is responsible for assisting in the execution of the annual Risk Management Plan. The job provides and uses in-depth analysis to identify emerging risks, new opportunities and movement in existing risks that could impact FWD. Risk disciplines to cover but not limited to:
• Financial risk (Credit, Liquidity, Market)
• Insurance risk
• Legal and Compliance risk
• Operational risk
• Technology risk
• Strategic risk
1. Assists in the execution of the annual Risk Plan and the assigned risk disciplines as directed by the CRO and/or Risk Management Director. Primary focus but not limited to the following tasks:
- Fraud Risk Management: Review business processes and controls, data analysis, monitoring and reporting.
- Financial Risk Management: Reporting and monitoring following FWD's risk appetite,
- Key Control Self-assessment for various business process or projects.
2. Assists in the management of risk through identification of potential emerging risks and mitigation strategies. Keep abreast of risk management and regulatory changes.
3. Assists in the management of risk through providing training and guidance to all Philippine employees on risk management discipline.
4. Provides the risk team heads with recommended strategic initiatives and process enhancements.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accountancy, Math/Statistics, Information Technology.
- Professional certifications in Risk Management, Compliance or Audit an added benefit.
- 2 years of professional experience in Risk Management/Compliance or Audit or 2 years experience in a first line operational role within a life insurance company.
- Position is open for internal mobility.
- Strong communication skills required with the ability to communicate appropriately with all levels within the organization. Ability to create presentations and other material to easily communicate Risk related matters.
- Ability to conduct root cause analysis and aid the business in identifying alternate resolutions to issues.
- Assist the business in identifying new processes or controls as needed when working with the business on strategic projects or assisting them in resolving incidents.
- Ability to come up with meaningful information from data available and be able to present it to management to help come up with a risk-based decisions