Project Manager for River Clean Ups - #88072
Zero Co have a vision to build a full-time clean up operation in The Philippines that will:
- Clean oceans, beaches and rivers at scale everyday
- Generate daily clean up marketing content for Zero Co to share the project with the world and raise more funds for more clean ups.
Zero Co are looking to contract a Project Manager based in the Philippines to plan and manage the clean up operation over a 2-3 month trial period. If the trial project is successful, Zero Co intends the project to continue as a permanent full time operation.
- Pilot phase: Collect and properly dispose of rubbish at less than $1 AUD per KG running costs.
- Growth phase: (Pending success of Pilot phase) Collect 100,000kgs of rubbish per year (5.5M water bottles worth) within budget
- Ongoing: Deliver epic short-form clean up content (videos & photos) that drive viral social media growth
- 9 days for Project Manager to prepare for first clean up
- 25 days of clean ups over 1-2 month test and learn period
- First clean ups starting early August
- Rubbish goals = collect 20,800kgs of rubbish with a crew of 10 people over 25 days
- 840 kgs collected p/day
- 84kg p/person p/day, 14kg p/hour if hands on cleaning 6 hrs p/day
- 25 pieces of epic short-form clean up content for socials (to be managed separately by Videographer)
What will you get ?
- Pilot phase = 31 days full time work.
- Note this is subject to change as we develop the scope of the project
- Being part of an epic project to clean up the planet
- Grow your career experience by managing a team that has to opportunity to scale and have an immense positive impact in the Philippines and beyond
- If pilot phase is successful, an opportunity to secure full time work and continue doing good for the planet.
Preferred experience of applicants:
- Leading a team of people to achieve daily targets.
- Managing an event of physical product development for a business within budget
- Managing operations, logistics, supply chains and achieving business targets
Key Tasks of Project Manager:
- Identify total of 75 clean up locations over duration of project that align to brief
- Hire & manage a crew of 10 people to participate in the clean ups
- Prepare & organise day to day logistics of clean ups
- Source and purchase clean up equipment (weighing mechanism, t-shirts, safety equipment etc)
- Source and purchase Zero Co banner for video content backdrop
- Source quotes to hire/buy a truck to transport rubbish from clean ups to landfill
- Source quotes to hire boats in regions clean ups require
- Identify landfills we can send rubbish collected for each clean up location
- Manage clean up crew to hit daily collection targets
- Manage videographer to capture required content at each location. See videographer JD for details on their KPIs
- Identify how we can sort and process rubbish collected, for a future stage of the project if the pilot is successful.