Procurement Generalist I - #116504
Date: 2 weeks ago
City: Manila, Metro Manila
Contract type: Full time
As a member of the Manila Global Procurement organization:
- The Procurement Generalist, Reed Elsevier Global Procurement, will be accountable for working with GP category teams and business stakeholders to select/source suppliers to fulfill purchase order (PO) requirements at best cost (i.e. price, quality, timeliness, etc.) across a broad range of spend categories.
- The Procurement Generalist works with GP category teams and regional procurement leads to identify opportunities to establish local, national and global purchase agreements, and subsequently leverage such agreements to fulfill PO’s across multiple geographies and business groups.
- The Procurement Generalist will prepare and issue Requests for Quotes/Proposals/Price,obtain, analyze and summarize supplier responses and recommend the best source of supply to the business stakeholder.
- The Procurement Generalist works with stakeholders to ensure Procurement policies and processes are followed, best practices and tools in supplier selection are leveraged (e.g. e-Auction), and PO’s are appropriately issued covering price and terms (in adherence with local laws).
- The position monitors supplier relationships; works closely with suppliers and business stakeholders to ensure deliverables are met, facilitates problem resolution and provides on-going feedback to Global Category teams regarding supplier performance.
- The Procurement Generalist also identifies process improvements to drive efficient, effective procurement operations to support business needs while ensuring supplier costs and risks are managed.
- The position interfaces on a regular basis with assigned GP category teams to develop a comprehensive understanding of category strategies and preferred suppliers, ensure alignment between category and PMO objectives/initiatives,and drive results against GP metrics.
- The Procurement Generalist will support processes for both LexisNexis (PeopleSoft v9.0 and Oracle Fusion) and Elsevier (Oracle R12), as well as being able to follow documented Standard Operating Procedures detailed for each Business.
- The GP department is responsible for ensuring the efficient and effective processing of purchase transactions through to payment including responsibility for the reconciliation and accuracy of all P2P accounting transactions.
- Negotiates favorable terms, volume discounts and long-term contracts with suppliers and prepares and processes requisitions and purchase orders for the procurement of goods, services and supplies for customer-related business processes or for internal use as a generalist or in a combination of Purchasing
- Performs routine assignments in the entry level to a professional job progression Requires a college or university degree or the equivalent work experience that provides exposure to fundamental theories, principles and concepts Receives instruction, guidance and direction from others.
- Functional Knowledge: Requires conceptual knowledge of theories, practices and procedures within a job discipline
- Business Expertise: Applies general knowledge of business developed through education or past experience
- Leadership: No supervisory responsibilities; accountable for own contribution.
- Problem Solving: Solves routine problems using existing procedures and standard practices
- Impact: Works within standardized procedures and practices to achieve objectives and meet deadlines
- Interpersonal Skills: Exchanges straightforward information asks questions and checks for understanding.
- Graduate of any Bachelor's degree, preferably Accountancy, Finance, Business or equivalent.
- At least 2 years of experience in Supply Chain Management or Procurement Operations gained from medium to large scale organizations.
- Excellent Procurement skills, advanced skills on P2P processes, a basic understanding of procurement matters such as supplier onboarding/vetting, RFI/RFQ/RFP, e-Auctions, negotiations, catalog management, purchase orders, terms and conditions, and contracts.
- Ability to multi-task, handling quick turnaround, high-value procurements.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Experience with major enterprise systems such as Oracle, SAP or Peoplesoft and Ariba