Private Sector Development Specialist - #116568
Date: 2 weeks ago
City: Manila, Metro Manila
Contract type: Full time
COMPANY PRESENTATIONThe mission of the Asian Development Bank (ADB) is to help its developing member countries to reduce poverty and improve the quality of life of their people through inclusive and environmentally sustainable growth and regional integration. The ADB Group comprises the ADB and the Asian Development Fund (ADF), the concessional window which provides support to the poorest regional member countries
Find in-depth information on careers with ADB and related cinfo's support on cinfo.ch:
JOB DESCRIPTIONIMPORTANT INFORMATION:
This is a fixed term appointment with option to renew for an initial period of three (3) years following Section 3.1 (b) of Administrative Order No. 2.01 ("Recruitment and Appointment'). This appointment is not convertible to a regular appointment. . After the initial fixed period, ADB has the option to renew the appointment for up to three years or allow it to expire. This decision is based on ADB's overall interest in retaining the skills and experience of the staff for medium-term work program within the respective group, department, or office, while considering the availability of funding sources
Overview Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030 ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members
The position is assigned in the Office of Director General (SEOD) within the Southeast Asia Department (SERD). SERD is responsible for maintaining client relations and delivering ADB assistance to countries in the Southeast Asian region. SEOD provides overall support to the SERD management in terms of programming, portfolio management, results monitoring, and implementation of ADB's long-term strategic framework to deliver projects that create economic and development impact in the region This position has been created as part of the Workforce Rebalancing Framework, which is a multiyear initiative (2022-2027) aimed at increasing in-house expertise in key operational areas that was previously sourced from consultants through ADB's technical assistance. The goal is to strengthen in-house expertise to enhance the quality of ADB's policy dialogue, operations, and knowledge solutions delivery by collaborating closely with DMC clients. Expected candidates are seasoned experts with strong field experience who can lead policy dialogue and project work with emphasis on providing knowledge solutions
Job Purpose The Private Sector Development Specialist supports SERD front office units and resident missions, Sectors Group, PSOD, and OMDP in (i) the development and implementation of short and long term private sector development (PSD) strategies in line with country partnership strategies, and (ii) the identification, design, processing, implementation and evaluation of projects, and other interventions to promote innovative financing solutions using new approaches and modalities in ADB's developing member countries in the SERD region. The incumbent reports to Regional Head, Private Sector Development, SERD and supervises National and Administrative Staff
- Works closely with resident missions, Sectors Group, PSOD, and OMDP on private sector assessments / diagnostics leading to development of clear and actionable PSD strategies aligned with the country partnership strategy.
- Works closely with SERD's Green Finance Hub to ensure PSD are well aligned with ADB's approaches for climate change, and projects bring together PSD and climate change aspects.
- Supports the identification, design, processing, implementation and evaluation of projects, and other interventions to promote innovative financing solutions using new approaches and modalities in ADB's developing member countries in the Southeast Asian region.
- Provides advice on the use of ADB's lending and credit enhancement products, technical assistance, grants, blended finance, etc. through local-currency and/or non- or sub-sovereign financing structures to stimulate market-based financing structures. This includes close collaboration with PSOD for all aspects involving sub- and non-sovereign interventions as well as the use of any credit enhancement product.
- Liaises and coordinates with relevant sectoral and cross-cutting departments/offices to foster the One-ADB approach. This will involve close collaboration with PSOD for all aspects involving sub- and non-sovereign interventions and credit enhancements; the Treasury Department on local currency financing; the Climate Change and Sustainable Development Department (CCSD) and the Finance Sector Office on thematic finance approaches related to climate change, small- and medium-sized enterprises, agriculture, municipalities, state-owned enterprises, etc. and on co-financing; and with OMDP on PPPs and transaction advisory work.
- Contributes to financial sector policy work, finance strategies and technical linkages with other sectors.
- Supports in special projects and initiatives as determined by SERD Management.
- Builds and maintains strong relations with colleagues from relevant solution groups, resident missions, departments outside of SERD, private sector clients, government officials, consultants, etc. to help develop and execute new and on-going projects.
- Assists in knowledge dissemination (workshops, seminars, conferences, social media, etc.) and in the preparation of knowledge products in collaboration with relevant ADB departments, especially CCSD.
- Provides support in the selection and management of individual consultants and consulting firms, including designing the terms of reference for specialized consulting services supporting innovative financing structures.
- Performs other tasks as assigned and reflected in the incumbent's workplan.
Qualifications Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, in business, public policy, or finance related field, preferably at post graduate level.
- At least 6 years of relevant experience, preferably including experience in management consulting with a top-tier consulting firm, or investment banking at a top-tier global investment bank.
- Practical knowledge with credit enhancement and commercial lending products – either in private sector companies or other bi- or multilateral finance institutions, and experience in formulation and processing of innovative and bankable projects and financial strategies, in consultation with relevant government agencies, the private sector, and other key stakeholders.
- Experience in developing innovative funding/debt structures, particularly, in transition economies.
- Familiarity with multilateral development banks' processes, financing products and modalities would be an advantage.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills, including ability to make compelling presentations in PowerPoint.
- Willingness to travel and work in security challenging countries.
- Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for IS3/4.
General Considerations The selected candidate, if new to ADB, is appointed for an initial term of 3 years ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB's standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual's qualifications and experience ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate
This is how cinfo can support you in the application process for this specific position:
- Interview preparation: When invited to the interview: Prepare for the interview by registering for a Job Application Support.
- Additional services for Swiss nationals who get invited to the selection process (written test, interview, assessment centre, etc.):
- Let us know by writing to [email protected]. We flag matching applications to HR partners and SDC/SECO for visibility.