Portfolio Management Officer - #116244
Asian Development Bank
Job Description - Portfolio Management Officer (240127)
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its .
The position is assigned in the Portfolio Management Division (PFPM) within the Procurement, Portfolio and Financial Management Department (PPFD). In the area of portfolio management, PPFD is responsible for assessing the performance of ADB’s portfolio, including preparation of the annual portfolio performance report, reporting on quarterly portfolio performance and project classification system, and conducting special studies; preparing regular and ad-hoc reports on the status of ADB’s portfolio; managing selected portfolio databases, including data entry and data quality assurance; supporting and managing ADB’s automated project management systems; maintaining PPFD’s website; providing technical and analytical portfolio management support to user departments; overseeing, administering and advising on Project Administration Instructions (PAIs); providing secretariat support to the Operations Review Meeting-Portfolio; leading interagency engagement on portfolio and project management issues including participation in multilateral development bank portfolio management meetings; commenting and advising, in coordination with the Strategy and Policy Department, on operational policies and procedures; and leading team capacity development efforts.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click .
The Portfolio Management Officer will play a crucial role in shaping the next generation of portfolio reporting by leveraging the potential of AI and other technological advancements. As a visionary team member and by filling skill gaps in connecting business requirements with technology, this strategic position involves actively contributing to aligning the portfolio reporting with ADB’s Strategy 2030, delivering the PPFD’s Roadmap 2025, supporting the dramatic modernization of ADB’s business processes, actively participating in the management of multiple major IT projects including ADB’s Integrated Disbursement System (IDS) and SovOps.
The incumbent will report to the designated International Staff and senior National Staff.
Contributes independently and collectively with all teams under PFPM by completing and/or supervising a variety of tasks covering the following functions, including but not limited to:
- Next-Generation Portfolio Reporting. Support ADB’s digital transformation initiatives by leading the activities and proposing innovative ways of data gathering and reporting processes including the use of AI and other emerging technologies to extract data from various data sources (e.g., ADB’s Operations Data Store, new disbursement system, project documents); align portfolio reporting with ADB’s modern data platform, AIDE (ADB’s Integrated Data Ecosystem) and frameworks from Artificial Intelligence Governance Working Group; identify processes requiring improvement and monitor efficiency gains.
- Design, enhancement and maintenance of portfolio management and project administration systems. Play a strategic role in the design, enhancement and maintenance of portfolio management and project administration systems such as SovOps and ADB’s Integrated Disbursement System (IDS), ensuring seamless data integration and reporting requirements of the teams are met. Conduct root cause analysis for defects/bugs, recommend fixes for issues, conduct UAT in coordination with RDs and SGs.
- Real-Time Portfolio Dashboard Implementation. Transform the existing reporting process to provide insightful results as input to portfolio-related management decision-making; work on the implementation of a real-time Portfolio Dashboard, ensuring its success and providing ongoing maintenance and support; collaborate on the development of the Portfolio Alert and Warning System (PAWs).
- Ensure single source of truth and data accuracy. Work with internal and external teams, support the implementation of data initiatives by identifying sources of truth; assist and exercise data governance by providing data dictionaries and data description and required documentation; conduct data and report reconciliation, and resolve reporting issues. Contribute to the refinement of ADB’s Data Dictionary, where applicable.
- Data and reporting. Respond to data queries (especially real-time data) for ADB’s sovereign and non-sovereign operations from business users and other report users; provide data and reports within the agreed-upon timeline.
- Coordination with stakeholders. Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to facilitate innovative and efficient ways of portfolio reporting to stakeholders.
- Knowledge sharing. Provide guidance to administrative staff on report designing, development and implementation; lead the data and report reconciliation and testing activities; conduct on-the-job training for administrative staff; address technical issues related to data/ report reconciliation and testing.
- Issues resolution. Resolve issues independently; report and escalate issues when needed.
- Administrative support. Contribute to the smooth operation of the Technology and Innovation Team by performing backup functions/roles, as needed; perform other duties and ad-hoc assignments as may be assigned from time to time.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, preferably with advanced training.
- At least 8 years work experience with 5 years of data and reporting experience, including experience with producing reports using reporting tools. Preferable experience in designing reporting systems using various tools (e.g. PowerBI, Tableau).
- In-depth knowledge of ADB’s portfolio management and project administration systems, project performance, portfolio indicators, data sources, definitions, and methodologies with the ability to ‘think out of the box’ and innovate.
- In-depth knowledge of ADB’s financial systems (e.g., IDS, eOperations and eOperations Dashboard).
- Good knowledge of OpenAI, ChatGPT and other AI-powered technologies.
- Good knowledge of statistical concepts, and methods.
- Proficiency in using Excel, ability to accurately work with large spreadsheets, and Excel functions and formulas, while linking to the overall result/objective. Experience with reporting systems and databases. Experience with PL/SQL or T-SQL.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills that can be applied to generating statistical reports.
- Ability to work collaboratively with teams as a constructive team member and actively share views and opinions with counterparts.
- Ability to guide administrative staff to facilitate work planning, delivery, and quality review.
- Strong client orientation and able to effectively interact with staff at all levels within and outside the department.
- Ability to synthesize various disciplines, e.g., data analysis, data architecture, report design, database development, programming, and graphic design.
- Ability to manage priorities and workload within the general schedule of work, instructions, and standardized practices.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Prior experience of working in an international organization is an advantage.
The selected candidate, if new to ADB, is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive . Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB’s standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual’s qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.
: Asian Development Bank Headquarters-Philippines-Manila
Department: Procurement, Portfolio and Financial Management Department
Division: Portfolio Management Division
Staff Category: National Staff (HQ)
Position Level: NS 2
: 12-Feb-2024, 3:03:32 PM
: 26-Feb-2024, 11:59:00 PM