POOLING - Hardware Development Engineer - #100872
The Hardware Engineer will be part of the team responsible for supporting engineering of Remote Automation Solutions hardware products and ensuring product specifications are maintained throughout the product lifecycle. The role will work with other specialists in reviewing designs for compliance with systems and standards associated with component qualification activities.
In this Role, Your Responsibilities Will Be:
- Identifies and provides initial qualification for second and third sources for components that are currently single sourced
- Provides detailed analysis of differences between first / second / third source data sheets
- Develops qualification test plan for approval of any alternate sources
- Conducts component level, electrical, functional and product test
- Maintains test records of all qualification results (Pass/Fail)
Who You Are:
You can quickly and decisively takes action in fast-changing, unpredictable situations. You define success in terms of the whole team. You set aggressive goals and has high standards.
For This Role, You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s degree level of education in engineering
- Familiarity with lab equipment such as voltmeters and oscilloscopes
- Experience with equipment used to replace electronic component (soldering equipment).
- Communication skills with ability to relay technical information in English (verbal, written, and interpersonal)
- Experience successfully collaborating (either by telephone, e-mail or directly) with people in multiple countries and time zones, exchanging information
- Flexibility to respond to urgent requests and/or changing priorities
- Must be highly motivated
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their unique experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas and diversity of thoughts, that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers.
This philosophy is fundamental to living our company’s values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place. Learn more about our Culture & Values and about Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Emerson.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, please contact: ***************@emerson.com.