Patient Access, Public Affairs & Communication Director - #116119
Date: 3 weeks ago
City: Manila, Metro Manila
Contract type: Full time
Patient Access, Public Affairs & Communication DirectorCategory: Corporate Affairs Location: Manila, National Capital Region, PH
About the Department
Novo Nordisk’s Market Access and Public Affairs team engages diverse stakeholders across political and healthcare landscapes to forge solutions that drive patient access to innovative products. We strive to deliver the best possible outcomes for patients with diabetes, obesity, growth hormone deficiencies and rare bleeding disorders through mutual wins for both Novo Nordisk and our Market Access customers. Our passion for helping people live better lives and our award-winning product pipeline can only be as effective as our ability to provide life-changing information to healthcare providers, key stakeholders and policymakers. Our Market Access and Public Affairs professionals ensure that the latest therapies and products reach the people who need them most, by creating an environment where innovation and chronic disease management drive optimal health outcomes. Are you ready to realize your potential?
The Patient Access, Public Affairs & Comms Director will hold key responsibilities in setting strategy for Patient Access and Public Affairs in Diabetes, Obesity and Rare Disease areas. You are also ultimately responsible for the execution of planned activities, reaching milestones and measurement of outcome
You are also responsible for setting the internal and external communication strategy aligned with affiliates strategy and priorities
You are responsible for coaching and guiding the team development, following up with internal stakeholder to achieve business objectives, while working according to business ethical procedures, local law, NNWay, and NN policies and guidelines
Assigned responsibilities related to the position requires travel and flexible working hours as the activities are executed in accordance with the stakeholders’/company’s’ available places and timelines
Roles & Responsibilities
Design the local PAPA & Comms strategy and develop the execution plan
- Responsible for developing the right Patient Access, Value Communication and PA capabilities; and drive the execution of PAPA initiatives in line with local business priorities.
- Responsible for NNPPI’s over-all communication strategy, overseeing the execution; ensure alignment with the commercial goals & objectives of NNPPI with the focus on diabetes and obesity
- Identify, shape, and direct the over-all NNPPI key messaging on driving change in diabetes, obesity and other chronic diseases to external stakeholders (i.e. policymakers, payers, HCPs, patient groups, & public) with the objective of influencing public affairs, government policy and industry positions
- Develop and monitor intelligence on the Patient Access landscape in Philippines with respect to NN and competition access, healthcare system changes, HTA developments and general trends in the field.
- Collaborate closely with BASEA and critical functional areas within own affiliate (Marketing, Sales, CMR) to drive aligned actions and tactics for local Market Access
- Drive and execute NNPPI Access Plan based on affiliate needs and strategy aligned with BASEA/APAC/IO/Global ambition
- Drive implementation of HE value communication tools to ensure NN drugs’ value proposition will be recognized and hence local market uptake will be maximized
- Provide inputs to BASEA on HE studies and publications to ensure needs and interest of Philippines are well represented to leverage business opportunities
- Review and support development of value dossier for Philippines within Diabetes and RareD
- Protect product value in government price negotiations
- Drive Public Affairs agenda for entire portfolio to support patient access for the Novo Nordisk portfolio such as ensuring governmental prioritization of our products.
- Secure cross-functional alignment and execution support for government affairs priorities
- Monitor external trends, identify risks and opportunities for Novo Nordisk and recommend appropriate strategic response actions
- Drive sustainability agenda and project execution on topics such as CDiC and affordability programs.
- Purpose and interaction with internal/external customers and stakeholders:
- Develop and sustain collaborations and partnerships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that affiliate PAPA aligns with business needs and priorities
- Establish and maintain a broad network of stakeholders with influence on patient access and public affairs to promote learning, understanding and considerations of payers and policy makers’ expectations
- Consistent and continuous collaboration and ad-hoc input and/or participation in cross-functional processes or projects.
- Seek diverse viewpoints outside of Novo Nordisk to support optimal Patient Access and Public Affair Affiliate needs
- Manages team of direct reports including setting annual team objectives and supporting team to meet annual performance objectives; providing on-going coaching, development, and recognition; supporting career development including Talent Review and Succession Planning processes. Collaborates with P&O on the hiring for vacant and/or new positions. Conducts regular performance reviews and provides written and verbal feedback to ensure a productive, professional, high performance and motivated team.
- Undergraduate degree from a reputable university in Economics, International Relations, Communication, Business Administration or equivalent. Masters degree in BA, economics or international relations is an asset
- Fluent in written and spoken Tagalog and English
- Relevant experience of minimum 5-7 years in the fields of Government Relations, Patient Access and Public Affairs or communication preferably in pharmaceutical and healthcare industries
- Experience in people management is required
Working at Novo Nordisk
At Novo Nordisk, we don’t wait for change. We drive it. We’re a dynamic company in an even more dynamic industry, and we know that what got us to where we are today is not necessarily what will make us successful in the future. We embrace the spirit of experimentation, striving for excellence without fixating on perfection. We never shy away from opportunities to develop, we seize them. From research and development, through to manufacturing, marketing and sales – we’re all working to move the needle on patient care
Kindly upload your CV to our online career page (click on Apply and follow the instructions)
Until the completion of recruitment
Applications will be screened on an ongoing basis, so you are encouraged to apply as soon as possible
We commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants
At Novo Nordisk we recognize that it is no longer good enough to aspire to be the best company in the world. We need to aspire to be the best company for the world and we know that this is only possible with talented employees with diverse perspectives, backgrounds and cultures. We are therefore committed to creating an inclusive culture that celebrates the diversity of our employees, the patients we serve and communities we operate in. Together, we’re life changing