Maintenance Lead-Malvar, Batangas 1 - #101138
We’re JTI, Japan Tobacco International and we believe in freedom.
We think that the possibilities are limitless when you’re free to choose. In fact, we’ve spent the last 20 years innovating, creating new and better products for our consumers to choose from. It’s how we’ve grown to be present in 130 countries. But our business isn’t just business. Our business is our people. Their talent. Their potential. We believe when they’re free to be themselves, grow, travel, and develop, amazing things can happen for our business.
That’s why our employees, from around the world, choose to be a part of JTI. It’s why 9 out of 10 would recommend us to a friend. And why we’ve been awarded Global Top Employer status, six years running
So when you’re ready to choose a career you’ll love, in a company you’ll love, feel free to #JoinTheIdea. (Learn more: jti.com)
Department: GSC, Production
Location: Malvar, Batangas Role: Permanent
WHAT THIS POSITION IS ABOUT - PURPOSE
- To ensure the Lines are not constrained due to the lack of technical capability or knowledge.
- To ensure all maintenance tasks are planned, organized and executed with the least effort at the best cost.
- To transfer knowledge to the Line teams and assure the proper level of skills and qualification successfully deploy the loss elimination skills needed for the Line to deliver the line and team goals.
- Provide coaching, teaching and assessment of PM and AM step 4 implementation.
- To promote reapplication of approaches across the site and across the network if part of platform or regional PM team.
- To ensure alignment with Line Leader and AM teams, supporting the training and development of equipment /process/area/ system, owners
WHAT WILL YOU DO - RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review and prioritize SAP work orders and notifications within 24 hours of generation. The work order backlog is current, sorted for reporting and is managed to best meet the Compelling Business Need.
- Lead the review of the previous job completion results, other maintenance activities and today’s plan in the Daily Meeting. Plans should be adjusted accordingly based upon scheduled work, scheduled work completion and break in work.
- Actively support and coordinate with Cell Lead, Process Lead & Line Team the planned stop, incorporating SAP work orders and maintenance tasks into the Plan
- Lead the scheduling of maintenance work for the next week during the Weekly Planning Meeting. Lead the scheduling of maintenance work in The Monthly Meeting to schedule maintenance work for the next month as dictated by the annual maintenance plan and previously identified work.
- Lead optimization with Cell Lead & Process Lead of startup and shutdown of Line and major maintenance interventions
- Ensure there vision and updating of “Maintenance Technical Documentation occurs as necessary. Create OPL’s and train and qualify Line team in maintenance activities. Develop and update annual maintenance plan and calendar.
- Perform any other tasks commissioned by the supervisor. Compliance with EHS procedures, labour law, corporate guidance, internal regulations and work performance instructions.
Understand health and safety aspects of their work and learn about potential hazards, know and maintain required control measures in order to keep their workplace healthy and safe.
· Develop their competency to do the work healthy and safely, participate in health and safety training and receive appropriate health and safety knowledge and required qualifications, observe and follow safety signs, posters, warning signals, and written directions and instructions.
· Know Legal and JTI health and safety requirements associated with the work hazards and comply with all applicable health and safety rules and procedures.
· Always demonstrate safe behavior, report incidents and near misses to their supervisor, report identified unsafe conditions and behaviors to their supervisor and eliminate them within their authority and ability to do so
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR - REQUIREMENTS:
- Education: Technical, engineering, mechanical, electrical education Knowledge of technical and technological issues.
- Experience: Should have at least 3-5 years of experience in a similar role – Senior technical or maintenance role previously in Make & Pack Tobacco Industry Experience with working together and managing technicians & operators, and able to come up with solutions for production processes optimization and establishment Administrative and team management skills.
- Knowledge of tobacco industry will be an additional advantage.
- Language Skills: Proficient in English language both oral and written communication
- Functional skills: Computer skills (Ms Office). Excel, SAP, powerpoint, outlook
WHAT ARE THE NEXT STEPS - RECRUITMENT PROCESS:
Thank you for applying! You will receive feedback on your application within the next two weeks.