Kitchen Admin/ Hygiene Officer - #115992
Serve as the point of contact for clients and communicate with them by phone and email to respond to questions and requests. Enter and retrieve information contained in computer databases using a keyboard, mouse, or trackball to update records, files, reservations, and answer inquiries from guests. Operate standard office equipment other than computers. Prepare letters, memos, and other documents using word processing, spreadsheet, database, or presentation software. Transmit information or documents using a computer, mail, or facsimile machine, including proofreading and editing written information to ensure accuracy and completeness. Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Hygiene and Food Safety Operations
- Verifies compliance with Brand Standard Audit (BSA) requirements of Marriott International throughout the operations.
- Advises and monitors food handlers on the proper good handling practices and verifies their observance.
- Identifies key areas of risk in various food operations and takes preemptive remedial action.
- Verifies compliance with food and hygiene regulations, licensing conditions and codes of practice relating to food operations.
- Provides technical advice on product labeling issues for fulfilling government requirements.
- Provides in-house food hygiene training for all good handlers, (e.g. new hires and trainees).
- Handles complaints or enquiries from customers and local food safety and health departments on food hygiene matters.
- Conducts and records daily kitchen inspections on the personal, environmental and food hygiene conditions and provides corrective action plans as necessary.
- Conducts regular vendor inspections in partnership with purchasing and culinary leadership.
- Conducts regular internal BSA inspections with culinary leadership and kitchen cleaning staff.
- Conducts regular inspections on the kitchen of kitchen equipment and verifies defects and non-conformities are remedied by the appropriate parties.
- Coordinates cleaning program in all F&B areas (e.g., General clean), identifying trends and making recommendation for improvements.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees.
- Liases with pest control company for any pest issues and monitors pest control performance.
- Maintains and makes improvements to hygiene standards.
- Regularly reviews and refreshes the food safety standards of all food handlers withing the property.
- Maintains documentation on all hygiene and food safety standards throughout the operation.
Follow all company policies and procedures, ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional, maintain confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assets. Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards, anticipate and address guests’ service needs, assist individuals with disabilities, and thank guests with genuine appreciation. Speak with others using clear and professional language, prepare and review written documents accurately and completely, and answer telephones using appropriate etiquette. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with other employees and departments, support team to reach common goals, and listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees. Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.