Junior Associate Counsel, Corporate and Commercial Projects - #86963
Pilmico Foods Corporation
Pilmico Foods Corporation & Gold Coin Management Holdings are the integrated agribusiness and food companies of Aboitiz Equity Ventures, Inc. (AEV). Gold Coin is now fully-managed and owned by Pilmico International and to date, it is the largest investment in the Asia-Pacific region in their shared history.
Pilmico comprises four divisions: Flour, Feeds, Farms, and Trading; enabling growth to its partners through its consistent quality products and unparalleled supporting services. Meanwhile, Gold Coin is a pioneer in animal nutrition and the manufacturing of scientifically-balanced animal feed in Asia.
Pilmico and Gold Coin represent one of the largest privately-owned agribusinesses in the region, with over 2,900 partners throughout the multitude of production facilities across 11 countries in Asia. Armed with the mission of feeding humanity, they aim to take a leadership position in innovating the food value chain in the Asia Pacific.
Contract Review and Negotiations
- Assists the Functional Head for Corporate and Commercial Projects in reviewing contracts for the group
- Conducts research on legal issues and problems arising from any contracts;
- Coordinates and keeps track of acceptable standards for contracts, and contract review process
Project Management for Commercial Transactions
- Supports the Functional Head for Corporate and Commercial Projects in relation to Mergers and Acquisition transactions, shareholder and joint venture agreements, corporate structuring transactions and other transactions, in all jurisdictions that the Food Group operates from and keeps them informed about the progress of the transaction;
- Assists the Functional Head for Corporate and Commercial Projects in providing project management support and works with other functional teams to ensure that transaction requirements are delivered in a timely manner;
- Assists the Functional Head for Corporate and Commercial Projects in handling financing documentation, including but not limited to project financing, syndicated loan agreements, notes facility agreement, new loan or credit line agreements with financial institutions, derivative transactions;
- Keeps informed of industry-specific regulations;
- Ensures that documentation are compliant and the group’s interest are aligned, assists in mergers and acquisitions, and liaise with external legal counsel regarding transaction structure and documentation;
- Assists the Functional Head for Corporate and Commercial Projects in managing the accreditation, selection and shortlisting of external legal counsels and assists the business units in the decision to engage external counsel.
- Bachelor’s Law Degree
- At least 2 years of post-qualifying experience
- Experience in contracts review, corporate and commercial transactions preferred
- Proficient in English, Mandarin and Bahasa