ITSM Practicioner - #101036
Time Type: Full timeWorker Type: EmployeeTo undertake and support the execution of primarily one or more ITIL service management processes within the ITSM lifecycle, e.g. Incident, Problem, Major Incident, Change, Configuration Management.
• Work with the IT Service Managers, the IT Service Team Leaders and relevant Global Process Owners to translate ITSM objectives and plans into actions that maximise productivity and performance, contributing to the successful operation of IT within QBE
• Input to team and own objectives to ensure they reflect operational service delivery priorities and best practice
• Provide information to support definition, and implementation of plans, controls and appropriate MI to manage the ITSM, related third party suppliers, and services under management
• Provide information to help identify service improvement activities as part of the Continuous Service Improvement Plan
• Contribute to wider IT strategy through providing relevant information which supports decision and action.
• Maintain an awareness of relevant technical and legislative changes
• Contribute to the development and refinement of the ITSM processes ensuring integration with other relevant processes and functions in line with best practice (ITIL v3)
• Support the embedding, and work in line with, the ITSM processes and controls / MI to manage and evidence effectiveness of the processes
• Ensure any relevant ITSM assets are accurately maintained to support the ITSM processes (eg CMDB for configuration & asset management)
• Support development and refinement of an effective knowledge management system (for own team, relevant IT teams, and suppliers)
• Ensuring that all ITSM activities are conducted in line with established policies (eg information security, risk)
• Support continuous improvement through the creation and management of a Continuous Service Improvement Plan for the ITSM
• Build positive, open and constructive relationships with key stakeholders, working in partnership to ensure service delivery meets current and future business needs, managing customer expectations as necessary.
• Support development of a proactive, service-orientated culture within own team, wider IT, and third-party supplier teams
• Promote and act as a role model for ITSM processes to ensure both understanding and value with key stakeholders and the wider organisation
• Ensure all communication is concise, relevant, and appropriate to key stakeholders to advise of service and supplier performance so informed decisions can be made
• Positively promote the department and company as a whole, in order to maximise brand leverage and develop team profile
• The role holder may undertake, or support, the execution of one or more of the processes below.
• Major Incident Management
• Management of support teams, and suppliers, and necessary escalations to resolve major incidents
• Developing and maintaining accurate incident information to enable effective decision making and action (eg timeline, action log)
• Clear, timely, and accurate communications to all key parties throughout each Major Incident being managed
• Conducting Major Incident Reviews where required
• Problem Management
• Management, and supporting management, of re-active problems, and undertake analysis to support pro-active problem management
• Management of support teams, and suppliers, and necessary escalations to identify and resolve root cause
• Developing and maintaining accurate problem related information to enable effective decision making and action
• Clear, timely, and accurate communications to all key parties for all problems under management
• Change Management
• Supporting the management of the Forward Schedule of Change (including all IT change, maintenance and release windows, and critical business periods)
• Supporting the management, administration, and running of CAB (as final gating)
• Managing, and supporting resolution, of scheduling conflicts and escalations
• Conducting, and supporting, Change Implementation Reviews where required
• Service Introduction
• Ensuring adherence to the SI process as defined in the Project Management Framework (PMF)
• Supporting the Project Managers; helping them to understand the SI components of the PMF
• Working with the GPO to ensure the process remains fit for purpose
• Asset and Configuration Management
• Supporting the definition of CMS and level of information stored within CMDB
• Management of support teams, and suppliers, and necessary escalations to maintain an accurate asset inventory (CIs), and the relationships between them
• Supporting the management of the CMDB and reporting of all CI exceptions and data discrepancies
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience
4 years relevant experience
ITIL V3 foundation certificate - Expert (or equivalent) or Practitioner within one or more processes
• Strong customer service skills
• Good supplier management skills
• Good communication skills – both written and oral
• Able to proactively manage customer expectations
• Able to work effectively at all levels of the organisation.
• Experience working within a pressured environment, often to tight deadlines
• Strong subject matter leadership skills
• Good knowledge of key service management functions
• Fair/good understanding and background of infrastructure and technology environment and management
• Experience, within financial services, preferably commercial insurance and/or reinsurance.
• Good previous experience within ITSM and related functions
• Experience of delivering service within a multi-team, complex business environment.
• Experience of supporting service improvement plans.
• Experience of working within a multi-vendor environment and complex infrastructure.
• Experience of working with outsourced service partners
QBE Cultural DNA
Everything we do at QBE is underpinned by our DNA (which interlinks seven cultural elements) – because we know it's not just what we do that matters, it's how we do it that makes the difference. We expect all employees to role model and inspire the right behaviours that link to our cultural elements:-We are customer-centred-We are technical experts-We are diverse-We are fast-paced-We are courageous-We are accountable-We are a teamAll employees are expected to adhere to QBE’s Code of Ethics and Conduct and apply sound risk management practices
US Only - Disclaimer
To successfully perform this job, the individual must be able to perform each essential job responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities.
Australia/New Zealand Only - Advice/Non-Advice
Non-Advice: This role is not authorised to provide financial product advice to retail customers in respect of General Insurance products. Financial product advice, means a statement or recommendation made to a retail customer with the intention of influencing their decision in considering a general insurance product.
The duties listed in this job description do not limit the assignment of work. They are not to be construed as a complete list of the duties normally to be performed in the position or those occasionally assigned outside an employee’s normal duties. Our Group Code of Ethics and Conduct addresses the responsibilities we all have at QBE to our company, to each other and to our customers, suppliers, communities and governments. It provides clear guidance to help us to make good judgement calls.
How to Apply:
To submit your application, click "Apply" and follow the step by step process.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
QBE is an equal opportunity employer and is required to comply with equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction it operates.