IT Support Operations Trainer* - #88377
Willis Towers Watson (WTW) - Insurance Services
The IT Support trainer role is to provide technical or soft skills training to new and seasoned IT Support analysts to improve performance and increase first call resolution. The responsibility includes creating educational material, conducting training sessions, identifying skills gaps, and ensuring team members stay motivated.
This is a IT Support setting with a steady flow of issues, needs and requests from internal end users. The Technical Trainers are expected to be the knowledge champions of the organization. The goal is to make sure that the services delivered to WTW associate is within the standards set by the company.
- Perform or supervise the performance of IT Support training activities
- Coordinate, develop, and participate in an ongoing training
- Performs activity that is intended to increase the knowledge, skills, and abilities of IT Support Analyst
- Provide necessary training, coaching, and mentoring to employees
- Plan, develop, conduct and implement training activities
- Create, Revised training plans, modules, and scorecard
- Develop training objectives, select training methods, and evaluate training results.
- Identify areas for improving individual and team performance
- Identify skills gaps and fill them
- Develop presentations, training materials, and handout materials
- Provide training guidance and feedback to other
- Service Readiness: Trainer contributes to IT Support preparedness by improving the analyst client and technical knowledge and skill set to effectively perform their expected role.
Quality and CSI: Trainer helps enhance IT Support performance, boost employee productivity, reduce company turnover and improve company culture.
- Perform on-the-job training to ensure new hire is qualified for their jobs
- Training New Hires or seasoned IT Support analyst on new or updated procedures to improve their performance. Handle pre-training requirements.
- Develop curriculum and materials and conduct training programs for technical software, hardware, Customer Service, basic writing, telephone, and call control skills etc.,
- Create core standards and competency testing for trainees and new hire applicants such as Ramp Plan Updates and formulation of Training Scorecards
- Proactively seek areas that need improvement to enhance service support within IT Support by observing the daily operations of IT Support or running reports to identify trends requiring training.
- Conduct training needs analysis to identify gaps in knowledge.
- Liaising with team leaders and managers to conduct on-the-job coaching
- Interact with IT Support Managers, Supervisors, Workforce and Quality personnel and the Process Analyst to establish applications and systems training for current and new accounts
- Measuring the effectiveness of training sessions and preparing individual or team progress reports and maintain training records.
- Schedule training rooms and maintain Help Desk training room – applications, and connectivity needs.
- Ensures Training database kept current with Agent data
- Research new ideas and techniques in technical training delivery.
- Keep abreast of technology and customer service trends in the industry.
- Deliver specialized training to internal and external customers
- Lead new training and continuous improvement projects and initiatives
- Coordinate and create unity between process, quality, and training department
- Identify and perform needs analysis within the IT Support Conduct training needs analysis to identify gaps in knowledge.
- Perform training for process updates and refresher Other related projects, tasks or activities that may be assigned by the employee’s superiors.
- Starts and follow Onboarding process for new hires
- At least 2 years’ experience as a trainer and skilled in Production Experience, Walkthroughs, Instructor-Led and Soft Skills or Technical training
- Degree in Management, Training, Computer Science, or equivalent certification is a plus
- Knowledge of WTW Services and Products is preferred
- ITIL Foundation Certification is preferred.
- Responsible for overseeing the company’s employee training and development activitie
- Knowledge in Windows 10 Operating systems, MS Office 365, VPN, MFA or AD tools
- ServiceNow ticketing tool experience
- Good PC skills, especially MS Office 365 (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Excellent communication, problem-solving and presentation skills
- Proven technical trouble shooting and diagnostic skills.
- Ability to quickly react to dynamic service delivery requirements
- Ability to influence, network and collaborate with IT teams.
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks and work with limited supervision
- Decision-making, Organizational and time-management skills
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer