Internal Control System Specialist - #88120
SCHENKER Manila Administrative Competence Center Inc.
Performs audit of the center’s operating unit and related support system and managing risks by observing established operational controls & procedures, as well as complying with the company’s policies & regulatory compliance at all times.
- Collect and analyze data to detect deficient controls, duplicated effort, extravagance, fraud, or non-compliance with DTPs, laws, regulations, and management policies.
- Verify assets and liabilities by comparing and analyzing items and collateral to documentation.
- Prepares working papers containing sufficient, competent, and relevant evidence to support findings and opinions presented in the audit report.
- Exercises professional judgment in determining materiality of findings
- Communicate audit & control testing progress and findings by providing information in status meetings; highlighting unresolved issues; reviewing working papers; preparing final audit reports.
- Develops workable recommendations to correct identified findings and evaluate management responses, under the supervision of the Senior Specialist or ICS Head in his/her absence.
- Reports to the Senior Specialist or ICS Head any situation in which a conflict of interest or bias is present or may reasonably be inferred
- Confer with management about financial and regulatory matters.
- Assists in short/long range and annual business plan on audits of the center’s various operating units and related support system.
- Adheres to the ICS policies and procedures.
- Attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivation, determination and ability to work to deadlines, under pressure.
- Ability to understand complex environments.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including good presentation and report writing skills.
- Strong command in English, verbal and written.
- Preferably background knowledge of auditing and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data
- University degree in the field of accountancy and auditing
- Minimum 2 years of relevant working experience preferably in large/global organizations
- Strong understanding of auditing and accounting processes, principles and practices
- Very good knowledge of MS office