HR Compliance & Administrative Officer - 4090 - #100952
Discover a world of endless possibilities with Cambridge University Press & Assessment, a distinguished global academic publisher and assessment organization proudly affiliated with the prestigious University of Cambridge.
We are on the lookout for a Compliance and Administrative Officer to join our Manila People & Culture Team. As the second largest branch and with a workforce nearing the 1,000 mark, the role will be key in scaling our HR systems on “checks and balances” to ensure that we are compliant with regulations and local laws. This role plays a vital part in benefits administration at the strategic level, which in turn helps provide a positive employee experience.
At Cambridge, our unwavering commitment is to excel in education, learning, and research on a global scale. With a presence in over 170 countries, we empower millions of individuals, unlocking their potential and enabling their success. From dedicated teachers shaping young minds to visionary researchers pushing the boundaries of knowledge, we embody a relentless pursuit of enlightenment, curiosity, and understanding.
We embrace change as an opportunity for growth and progress, constantly adapting to meet the evolving needs of our customers. Collaboration and attentive listening are at the heart of our journey, as we work hand in hand with our customers and each other to innovate and discover more effective ways to achieve our goals. We believe people thrive in an environment where Trust and Empowerment are at the forefront, which is why all our new team members are on onboarded with regular employment status on their first day so they are able to start #PursuingPotential from day one.
Joining Cambridge means becoming a part of an extraordinary institution renowned worldwide. But it also means becoming part of a vibrant and forward-thinking community that transcends tradition, fostering a culture of continuous growth and personal development. Here, we provide the environment for you to thrive, supporting your professional journey and empowering you to reach your highest potential.
What can you get from Cambridge?
In this role, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with colleagues from diverse teams and branches, expanding your horizons and enriching your understanding of different cultures. We value your well-being and offer stability, fostering both your professional and personal growth through internal and external activities and training sessions to help enrich your skillset.
Enjoy the flexibility of work-life balance through our range of options, including flexible schedules, hybrid work arrangements, and generous paid leave. As a regular employee on Day One, you'll have access to comprehensive healthcare benefits, ensuring your peace of mind with coverage for dependents, group life insurance, and robust well-being programs.
What are your key accountabilities in this role?
The role performs risk assessment and management activities to proactively prevent legal and reputational risks for the PH Branch such as but not limited to the following:
- Ensures compliance with regulations of various government agencies specifically the Department of Labor & Employment, Social Security System, PhilHealth, Home Development Mutual Fund (PAG-Ibig), Bureau of Internal Revenue.
- Deliver positive experience for colleagues availing statutory and company-provided benefits through collaborative work Finance, People Operations, and 3rd party service providers.
- Educating and training employees about all regulatory and legal requirements that can affect the organization, such as labor laws, health, and safety standards.
- All preparations for inspection of government agencies, external and internal auditor.
You will qualify for the role if you have the following:
- Proven experience in conducting HR audit projects/activities.
- Strong understanding of employment laws and regulations.
- Experience in Pay & Benefits administration as a subject-matter expert (as individual contributor), as a supervisor of Pay & Benefits Team in a company with circa 1000 employees.
- Presentation and training skills.
At Cambridge, we believe in hiring individuals who bring in a diverse set of experiences and perspectives; we prioritize culture add over culture fit. We value a growth mindset and encourage our employees to pursue their potential. But, don't let a checklist of qualifications hold you back from applying for a role with us - we welcome all candidates who share our passion for excellence.