Head of Project / OIC Head of Base - Tagum (Filipino Nationals Only) - #115989
Acción Contra El Hambre
Objective 1: Ensure all programs activities are implemented within the timeframe (according to proposals)
- Represent, participate, and coordinate with project team and with consortium partner/staff in assigned areas/projects
- Ensure the efficient and effective project implementation of activities according to the approved strategies, workplan and guidelines set by the organization and funding donors in coordination with project team, consortium and Action Against Hunger Technical Coordinators
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders at a technical level, including coordination and communication with government authorities, international and local organizations, partners, beneficiaries and other external actors in the field
- Lead the implementation of the projects in line with the approved proposal
- Ensure that all the projects have an updated project work plan/procurement-supply plan/budget forecast on a monthly and as-needed basis integrating all departments’ activities and its dissemination to all department heads.
- Ensure the transparency of the procedures as well as the implementation of donor’s guidelines (including the documentation of the transparent decision making)
- Ensure weekly meeting are conducted with all department head and progress and work plans are revised and updated
- Ensure the support departments comply with reporting requirement and timely submission of reports according to agreed formats and follow-up the contribution (in-kind) required by programs
- Support to coordinate the local partners capacity building strategy through in coordination of the Country Director (CD)
- Representing Action Against Hunger
Objective 2: Project Monitoring, Evaluation, Reporting, and Capitalisation
- Lead the preparation of weekly, monthly and annual planning and updating of progress and achievements in coordination project staff, partners, and Capital technical team
- Ensure the validation and consolidation of all reports from the technical supervisors in accordance to the monthly APR both Excel and narrative, including annexes required such as SOVs
- Initiate the preparation of donor interim and final reports and other reports as required in coordination with consortium lead
- Lead capitalization of the project experience and prepare specific written documents in coordination with Action Against Hunger sector coordinators
- Ensure SOVs are archived and maintain database of photos, videos and other multimedia documents related to the project,
- Ensure the availability of complete project documents and filed in accordance with the Archiving Guidelines
- Real-time timely sharing of photo/visual materials of project/context progress for internal and externals communication
Objective 3: Management base human resources following HR manual and procedures.
- Ensure the efficient management of the Human Resources assigned to the project in line with Action Against Hunger HR policies
- Manage and conduct regular performance evaluation of the staff in compliance with Action Against Hunger policy and procedures and when necessary, review the job descriptions and organization of project staff according to project needs and assess training needs and train the staff if required to achieve the project objectives
- Participate to the recruitment process for the project according to the needs
- Support to recruit the required staff if necessary in coordination with the HR manager in Manila and technical coordinators.
- Support when the necessary review of the job descriptions and Organization of the team according to the base needs
Objective 4: Management of the administrative/finances issues of the base following policies guidelines and procedures
- Participation to the financial management of the base in collaboration with the Base Administrator, and logistics drafts and updates budget follow up and projection, to ensure the financial visibility of the base, follow up of co-funding and partners contribution according to mission tools.
- Ensure base/project budget forecast are done in timely manner and in coordination with base administrator and communicate with the Finance Coordinator
- Ensure financial expenses are in compliance with Action Against Hunger and donor guidelines in coordination with Admin department, communicate deviations in timely manner with Manila coordination team Support in implementation all financial and cash procedures on the base
- Support that all administrative procedures in the Base follow standards and manuals and the mission level memorandums
- Ensure base level payments and done on time
Objective 5: Management of the logistics of the base following policies guidelines and procedures in accordance with the KitLog
- Ensure regularly update and follow-up the procurement plan (PPP) specific to the activities under Action Against Hunger result in coordination with the project team and admin/log department at the base level
- Lead the request, organization and arrangement of logistical requirements in project activities (e.g. transportation, movement, supplies and materials) including preparation of the weekly Travel request and consolidation of the monthly movement plan for the team;
- Support the Supply Chain Management specially that procurement plan is in place for projects in coordination with project team and Logistic department.
- Support the overall management and allocation and the use of the equipment and fleet
Objective 6: Safety and security
- Ensure staff safety and security in line with AAH’s safety and security protocol and policies and reports incidents to Logistic coordinator and Country Director
- Monitor, analyse security context and report to line manager and security focal person in Manila
- Adhere to the Mission Security Reporting system and submit the reports requested on-time
- Respect the Security rules of Action Against Hunger and coordinate with logistics Coordinator
- Report any security or other incidents in the field that may interrupt project activities directly CD and Logistic Coordinator
- Ensure the respect and compliance of the mission security rules by the team
- Support the implementation, revisions and drawing protocols of the security management and business continuity plans
- Master’s degree in economics, Sociology, International Development, Political Science or International Relations
- Technical knowledge:
- Knowledge of project management including financial management tools, logistics and security management
- Ability to write technical donor reports and proposals in English.
- Training and capacity building experience
- Good analytical skills and a good understanding of the problematic of conflict / crisis.
- Knowledge in partnerships development and alliances is desirable.
- Knowledge of donor’s landscape in the Philippines
- Strong Knowledge in Humanitarian/ cooperation/international relationship-
- Strong skills in coordination, program management, mentoring, coaching and capacity building.
- Experience in managing projects with an INGO.
- Knowledge of donor guidelines and procedures.-Should be able to work independently and with minimal supervision from the capital office
- Having cluster leadership experience is desirable
- At least 5 years in a similar position
- Managing and supervising administration/finance, logistics, HR, programs and security staff
- Dealing with high level authorities and representation
- Managing partners and consortium
- Working and managing teams and resources in insecure context with capacity to face a stressful situations
- Representation, community’s development and participation, institutional development and setting up of partnerships with local partners
- Excellent English and Filipino speaking and writing skills required. Knowledge of local language is an advantage.
- Good knowledge of Office package (Teams, Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint)
- Frequent travel to project sites and the capital office (Manila)
- Valuable prior experience in issues related to the promotion of gender equality and child rights or personal commitment to gender equality and child rights.
Action against Hunger is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work such as but not limited to sexual harassment, sexual exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and/or financial misconduct; We expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through endorsing our code of conduct and other related policies and only those who share our values and code of conduct will be recruited to work for us.