Head - #116285
MERCHANT AREA HEAD
Responsible in establishing and managing the merchant acquiring business in an assigned area/s, develop, and consistently monitor business contribution of merchant accounts.
Manages a team of Merchant Officers, Merchant Specialists, and/or Agents.
Sales Management Process
- Sales and Service Call
1. Establishes relationship with the clients to grow business volumes and improve profitability.
2. Gathers information with regard to the activities of the competitors & other card companies.
3. Performs merchant servicing including POS/EDC terminals, supplies, reimbursement issues, etc.
- Sales Generation and Relationship Management
1. Identifies potential merchants within the assigned area and pre-qualifies applications which may require ocular inspection.
2. Makes an actual sales presentation and explains to potential clients the nature of our Visa/MasterCard/JCB/American Express/CUP/Diners/Debit acquisition business and
the services that the Company offers.
3. Presents to potential merchants the Visa/MasterCard/JCB/American Express/CUP/Diners/Debit agreement and explains the provisions stated in the contract and
clarifies other issues the prospective merchant may have.
4. Ensures that all the documentation requirements are fulfilled before opening of the account.
5. Conducts orientation seminars for merchants regarding card acceptance and settlement procedures and security features to counter fraud incidences.
6. Manages relationships with existing merchants to maintain and grow business transactions with the company and defends against competitors.
Other Administrative Functions
Coordinate with other units in the bank for merchant concerns.
Discuss charge back issues with merchants especially those arising from duplicate processing, incomplete card information, etc.
Liaise with Fraud team to address fraud incidences and take appropriate corrective actions.
Cross sells other bank products like the auto credit facility, consumer loans.
BDO Unibank, Inc. provides equal opportunity to all qualified candidates. Hiring decisions are based on job requirements and candidate qualifications, and shall not be influenced by any consideration of race, color, religion, sex (including sexual orientation and gender identity), national or ethnic origin, or disability. Requisition ID: 11863