General Ledger Associate - #116052
Date: 3 weeks ago
City: Taguig, Metro Manila
Contract type: Full time
At DB Schenker, you are part of a global logistics network that connects the world. A network that allows you to shape your career by encouraging you to contribute and truly make a difference. With more than 76,000 colleagues worldwide, we welcome diversity and thrive on individual backgrounds, perspectives and skills. Together as one team, we are Here to move
- Verify, allocate, post and reconcile transaction.
- Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results to immediate supervisor.
- Analyze Financial information and summarize financial status
- Provide technical support and advice on management report
- Review & recommend modifications to accounting process & procedures
- Prepare financial statement and perform account maintenance
- Perform bank Reconciliation including allocation and monitoring of reconciling items
- Direct internal and external audits to ensure compliance
- Support month-end & year-end close process
- Process payments either Standard Payment Run to Urgent/Manual Payments
- Develop and document business process and accounting procedure to maintain & strengthen internal.
- Create and monitor a system of controls, procedures, and forms for the recording of fixed assets.
- Record fixed asset acquisitions and dispositions in the accounting system.
- Track the compilation of project costs into fixed asset accounts and close out those accounts once the related projects have been completed.
- Work closely with the other departments in tracking project costs in comparison to their budgeted projections
- Conduct periodic reviews of the fixed asset schedule to determine dispositions.
- Reconcile the balance in the fixed asset subsidiary ledger to the general ledger.
- Run depreciation for all fixed assets.
- Prepare audit schedules relating to fixed assets and assist the auditors in their inquiries.
- Review Intercompany transactions/recharges and reconciliations.
- Prepare and/or review management reports related to Intercompany accounts.
- Monitor the Intercompany clearing account balances and report issues if any. Coordinate with the relevant stakeholders to resolve the differences.
- Investigate and resolve imbalances between the entities.
- Review all intercompany journals and account reconciliation on time as per close calendar deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- Certified Public Account (CPA) preferred but not required.
- 2 – 3 years of work experience
- Good understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and concept
- Good understanding of International Accounting Standard (IAS) and International Financial Reporting Standard (IFRS) and concepts
- Knowledge in any ERP System, preferably SAP
- Knowledge in Hyperion Financial Management System
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Must be able to communicate in English.