GDS Consulting_Application and Systems Management Analyst_IRAS - #116147
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Technical Application Support Specialist
We are building a team of L2 Technical Application Support Center in Manila. The candidate will be required to
perform technical production support activities on in-scope applications. Scope of production activities include
but are not limited to: Incident Management, Problem Management, Service Request Management, and Service
Please review the list of responsibilities and qualifications. While this is our ideal list, we will consider
candidates that do not necessarily have all the qualifications but have adjacent and/or sufficient experience.
Your key responsibilities
Act as a point of contact between the client and the application support center
- Monitor jobs, production processes, systems availability, latency and overall system health
- Create Incidents / Service Requests /Problem ticket and assign to teams
- Create application incident reports
- Perform initial analysis and resolution for the layers defined in scope
- Establish understanding of application, platform layers defined in scope
- Analyze, identify issues, conduct investigation of functional/technical bugs, service failures, operational
- Escalate further to L3 within a reasonable period with analysis and findings
- Triage, resolve, and conduct RCA
- Handle major incidents and joined SWAT calls
- Identification, classification, prioritization, and remediation of system issues
- Produce reports on defect/problem reporting data
- Build tools or establish processes to quickly triage issues and discover failures across the technology stack
- Analyze service performance and implement adjustments to mitigate risk and/or prevent issue recurrence
- Create and update support knowledge database
- Lead the documentation process for overall application support
Common Responsibilities and Expectations
Work and closely collaborate with client teams (business and IT) as well as 3rd party vendors on a regular
- Provide responses to functional / technical queries,
- Perform periodic application maintenance
- Participate and provide support on various application migration activities
- Propose and/or participate in any support team continuous improvement initiatives and implement these
- Understand the use of service delivery metrics
- Monitor and report on regular production activities, which are subject to Service Level Agreement (SLA) or
Skills and attributes for success
Ability to work in a fast-paced production environment
- Excellent analysis and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team with minimum supervision
- Understanding of software development lifecycle and best practices
- Excellent communication skills (written and spoken English)
- Ideally has experience in working for large Financial Services client
- Keen attention to detail
- Have exposure to working in shifts (APAC and EMEA) and/or weekend shift/on-call support
- Has successfully demonstrated domain of most skills and technologies on several relevant projects
- Exposure to various job and process monitoring tools
To qualify for the role, you must have:
- Intermediate level on Unix, SQL/Oracle, Java, Technical Application Support (Level 2) experience
scripting, and know the key commands
- Education: Bachelor's Degree Computer related
Nice to have:
- Fundamental level on Microservices, PCF (Pivotal cloud foundry) Monitoring Tools - Splunk, Dynatrace,Catchpoint, APM etc.
- ITIL certification
- Familiarity with ServiceNow Automation and ticketing
What we look for
We look for people who demonstrate drive, vision and determination and are passionate about helping our clients
achieve their goals. We look for high performers, who consistently deliver quality work while continually looking for
ways to improve.
We want people who understand the challenges of working in a professional services environment and are focused
on achieving and delivering the best for our clients. We want people who have a clear sense of personal and
professional accountability and know how to build relationships by doing the right thing.
What working with EY offers
Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to acquire new knowledge and skills to progress your career
- Engaging culture that promotes work-life balance and personal effectiveness
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and consulting services, we’re using the finance products,
expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in
giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however
long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.