Fraud Intelligence Specialist - #88252
InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG)
Purpose of the role:
The role of a Fraud Intelligence Specialist is to produce intelligence and to do so, should have a foundational understanding of crime analysis and intelligence analysis standards and concepts. Foundational concepts for basic-level analysis include the following: understanding Risk Owner requirements; identification and use of information sources; analytical techniques and collaboration; developing assessments; and product dissemination. This is a critical 2nd Line of Defense role in support of IHG’s financial, regulatory and cultural well-being.
As part of fulfilling a 2nd Line of Defense role, tasks include:
• Monitor and review of transactional reports daily to identify suspicious activities and mitigate fraud.
• Collect data through daily tracking of identified and reported fraudulent transactions and through ad hoc reports from Business Objects.
• Analyze and synthesize data and information from a variety of sources and translate it into meaningful intelligence.
• Provide data-driven analysis to formulate forecasts and actionable insights.
• Produce weekly and monthly overviews and trending of existing and emerging fraud threats.
• Identify emerging fraud threats and provide recommendations on system controls, establishment of policies and improvement of operational procedures.
• Remotely conduct investigations.
• Provide timely notification to Teams Leads/Manager of any identified emerging fraud trends or issues.
• Disseminate monthly and ad hoc reports to support Risk Owners with regard to observed fraud trends and related recommendations; this includes delivering monthly verbal updates.
• Establish and review of internal (Crime & Integrity Intelligence Team) and external (Risk Owners and other support teams) ways of working.
• Liaise with IHG teams that provide operational support to Risk Owners to provide recommendations on improvement of operational procedures.
• When required, liaise with hotels in confirming fraudulent transactions.
• Liaise with third party service providers of Risk Owners to discuss on identified fraud trends and related recommendations to improve daily flagging of suspicious activities.
• Provide support in Fraud Dashboard’s development and assist in establishing reporting capabilities to easily identify emerging fraud patterns.
• Contribute in optimizing the team’s Fraud Data Analytics (FDA) capability through daily collection of data and review of flagged transactions.
• Communicate current fraud loss developments to Team Leader through regular monitoring activity and tracking trends and be able to identify opportunities to improve efficiency and ways of working
• Develop the skills necessary to improve understanding of risk management effectiveness being extended to stakeholders or key contacts to encourage independence and reinforce accountabilities.
• Conduct in-depth analyses on a variety of comprehensive risk management issues and prepare assessment summaries and recommendations to reduce fraud risk and losses
• Produce clear reports that clearly articulate relevant issues to the Senior Corporate and Operational Leaders and influence the Risk Owners to make the appropriate strategy in accordance with their risk appetite.
• Support management decision in educating, informing and influencing relevant stakeholders to unlock efficiencies across the risk management system and strengthen advisory capability.
• This position makes a significant contribution to protecting IHG’s culture by deterring and responding to dishonest behavior
• This position has an important role in ensuring the veracity of operational performance and business reporting
• This position has impact on protecting IHG’s profitability
• This position has a key role in protecting Brand and Reputation, particularly from GDPR risk and protecting guest data (PII) from compromise.
• This position has considerable impact preventing/minimizing the loss from external and internal Fraud
Formal education in a relevant field of work or an equivalent combination of formal education and work-related experience in Fraud & Integrity Risk Management, Investigation and Case Management.
The role requires experience in Fraud Detection and Investigation in the hotel/hospitality sector, with a Loyalty Programme.
Technical Skills and Knowledge:
• Deep understanding of the key principles of Fraud Risk Management
• Familiarity with the different types of fraud (ATO, etc.) and Modus Operandi
• Deep understanding of and application of the Intelligence Process
• Expert command of Analysis Processes (data access, collection, collation, analysis, critical thinking, dissemination and feedback)
• Advanced Investigation and Data Analytical Skills, including the ability to think critically and to solve problems
• Superior Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
• Superior written and verbal communication skills, including report writing - English