Financial Analyst - #85325
Sika Philippines Inc
Reports to: Accounting Manager
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the end-to-end month-end closing activities and use their analytical mindset to analyze and interpret financial data, then relating it to potential business trends and issues.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the monthly close activities including bank reconciliations, account reconciliations, G/L analysis and journal preparation, validating entries and accruals.
- Ensure Balance Sheet Accuracy through accounts reconciliations, physical inventory and Fixed Asset count support and internal controls compliance.
- Interpret financial data to recognize changing trends, patterns, and their meaning and build collaborative forecast related to key performance indicators such as productivity, CAPEX, material margin, OPEX and EBIT.
- Perform financial and accounting data analysis and prepare financial reports using the existing platforms of the company.
- Provides high quality Financial Analysis, forecasting and analyzes complex financial data and determine their significance.
- Analyze internal financial information (i.e. Profit & Loss accounts, Financial Statements, Working capital, costs, prices, expenses, revenues, and rates of return, etc.)
- Analyze external economic conditions and their impact on business operations (eg. inflation, interest rates, exchange rates, etc.)
- Perform Financial modeling to measure and forecast potential impacts of financial transactions.
- Track and measure financial results vs. budget and forecast.
- Identify opportunities to develop and implement continuous improvement processes to drive efficiency and effectiveness of the plant.
- Bachelor’s degree in accountancy, or its equivalent
- More than 5 years work experience in GL / cost accounting / financial analysis and other areas of Finance and Accounting
- Computer Literate - Advanced Excel Skill, Word, Power point
- ERP System savvy (SAP/ Oracle/ AX)
- Strong background in general and cost accounting and financial reporting.