Façade Engineer - #88428
ALT CLADDING, INC.
Façade Engineers are responsible for the administration and compliance with project constraints undertaken for facades and structures. They are in charge of preparation works such as construction documentation and execution of tasks to ensure the steady and feasible construction of façade works. Other duties include review and implementation of shop drawings, quality inspection of assembly, fabrication and other performance testing requirements in relation to façade works. Liaising with other parties involved will also be critical in ensuring steady progress on site.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews shop drawings submitted by contractors
- Reviews structural calculations to supplement submitted shop drawings by contractors
- Reviews materials and method statement submitted by contractors
- Attend and coordinate clients, architects, consultants, structural engineers, contractors and suppliers’ meetings and workshops for any façade issues. Provide minutes of meeting if required and issue to relevant parties.
- Attend and perform factory inspections, site inspections and submit report to client
- Attend and witness performance mock up (PMU) test and site testing. Submit test report to client.
- Attend weekly or as required departmental meeting and provide updates to handled projects for billing purposes
- Reviews and evaluate tender submissions by proposed contractors and submit evaluation report to client
- Provide and recommend solutions to encountered restraints related to curtain wall/façade issues during the construction.
- Candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree or Higher Diploma and Professional License in Civil Engineering/Structural Engineering or equivalent
- Must have at least two (2) years of relevant work experience with façade works – structural steel, curtain wall, sky light, metal works, inspection, calculation, etc.
- Must have good English communication skills