Experienced Accounting Associate - #88038
Anchored Global Office
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This position is responsible for the following:
1. Providing advanced bookkeeping and accounting support to the Firm’s clients including but not limited to the production of financial reports, billing activities, payable processing, payroll and account reconciliations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Performs advanced bookkeeping and accounting tasks
· Performs clerical accounting procedures requiring familiarity with, and experience in, accounting office practices as well as knowledge of a variety of accounting classifications
· Perform account reconciliations
· Prepare journal entries
· Review and prepare client’s vendor invoices for payment
· Prepare monthly billings for clients
· Investigate general ledger balance discrepancies
· Assist or run and package monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports for client
· As requested by client, perform other tasked as outlined in the “agreed upon procedures” engagement or other special projects as needed that fall within the scope of capabilities.
· Maintain confidentiality of all materials related to performing all job tasks
· Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS: MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE
· Associates degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent experience – Required
· 2-3 years relevant experience – Preferred
TECHNICAL AND OTHER SKILLS:
· Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office - Required
· Ability to read and follow instructions and directions from supervisors or client. Ability to read and follow workflow or process manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from supervisor - Required
· Strong time management and organizational skills – Required
· Attention to detail and accuracy – Required
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Interpersonal Skills - Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control.
Oral Communication - Actively listens and gets clarification.
Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Available to work after normal business hours when required.
Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to Firm’s management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan