Executive Sous Chef - #101300
Rosewood Hotels and Resorts
- Go Back
Executive Sous Chef
General Information Press space or enter keys to toggle section visibility Country/Region British Virgin Islands Province/City Virgin Gorda Location Rosewood Little Dix Bay Department Food & Beverage - Culinary Job Type Full-time Permanent Job Description Press space or enter keys to toggle section visibility Begin Your Rosewood Journey We believe that life is made of many journeys: inspiration, wonderment, curiosity, or the simple joy of discovering something new every day.
If you share the same sentiment, then this opportunity is for you. Rosewood Little Dix Bay currently seeks an Executive Sous Chef who is a well-rounded and seasoned individual to be a part of our iconic resort. The Executive Sous Chef will assist the Executive Chef in managing all aspects of the culinary operation and team.
As a department head, you will work directly with the food and beverage management team and associates to successfully execute all kitchen operations; strives to continually improve guest and associate satisfaction and maximize the financial performance in areas of responsibility. Key Expectations
- Manages all operations and associates on a daily basis to ensure a consistent, high quality food product and motivates the team with a service driven desire to exceed the expectations of our guests
- Follows food/ market trends and techniques as well as being creative in the culinary side.
- Proposes new menu items and amenities and works with the Executive Chef to bring these to the table
- Monitors and reviews daily revenue reports, analyzes and controls all labour and food costs, ensures costs are in line with budget and revenues
- Acting as a coach and mentoring associates to ensure high engagement levels, people development and highest associate retention to strengthen the company culture.
- Continuously identifying and developing areas for improvement and motivating the team to actively take part in the process to enhance the brand experience
- Showing a sound understanding of the Rosewood Little Dix Bay ethos to retain and increase the hotel’s competitive advantage through continuous proactive strategic and operational planning.
- Proactively attracting, selecting and developing talent for the department in line with company procedures and culture.
All our associates have the opportunity to live by our culture by being engaging, refined and intuitive in everything they do. Our principles allow a high degree of creativity and empowerment to foster a culture of Relationship Hospitality. Minimum Requirements
- Experience as Executive Sous Chef at a comparable property.
- Minimum of 5 years international Hospitality experience with a minimum of 2 years in a management/supervisor position in the luxury hotel sector.
Formal training preferred
- Creative culinary skills
- Experience at properties of similar size and quality in remote location preferable
- A valid Food Handler’s certificate is a must.
- High profile events organizational skills and experience
About Us Press space or enter keys to toggle section visibility An eco-friendly resort ahead of its time, Rosewood Little Dix Bay has always featured the natural environment at the heart of its design.
One of the first Caribbean resorts to promote sustainable luxury, the beachside retreat has welcomed guests to a world of undiluted tropical splendor for over half a century. Located within 500 acres of untamed natural gardens, Rosewood Little Dix Bay is surrounded by astonishingly clear blue seas, rugged hills, beautiful isolated beaches and spectacular geological formations. Long regarded as one of the world’s greatest getaways, this exclusive resort, originally developed by conservationist Laurance Rockefeller, offers a level of refinement and seclusion unrivaled in the Caribbean.
- Go Back
Apply Share this job: Other jobs Sommelier Hawaii, United States - Hawaii, United States
States of America
- Kona Village Resort, A Rosewood Resort
Western Chef De Partie Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam - Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
- New World Saigon
Spa Concierge Hong Kong - Hong Kong
- Hong Kong SAR
- Rosewood Hong Kong
Waiter / Waitress - Cafe East / Event Operations / La Table / Sagano / Tao Li / The Lounge Hong Kong SAR
- New World Millennium Hong Kong Hotel
Waiter / Waitress Hong Kong - Hong Kong
- Hong Kong SAR
- Carlyle & Co.