ESG Research Associate (Project-based) - #88433
Research Associate ESG Data Team
Glass Lewis & Co. LLC – Manila, Philippines
Glass Lewis is the world’s choice for governance solutions. We enable institutional investors and publicly listed companies to make sustainable decisions based in research and data. We cover 25,000+ meetings each year, across approximately 100 global markets.
Our customers include the majority of the world’s largest pension plans, mutual funds, and asset managers, collectively managing over $40 trillion in assets. We have teams located across the United States, Europe, and Asia-Pacific giving us global reach with a local perspective on the important governance issues.
Founded in 2003, Glass Lewis is headquartered in San Francisco with offices across the US, Europe and the APAC regions.
Members of our ESG Data team will analyze company filings and recent news events at global companies and collect underlying ESG data for use by our clients—some of which include the world's largest institutional investors. This is an excellent opportunity to learn about environmental and social initiatives, corporate structure and shareholder rights, to research publicly-traded companies and to work at the forefront of the emerging field of ESG.
Incoming associates will receive comprehensive training on our firm's methods and standards of research. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Highly motivated candidates are encouraged to submit their applications as early as possible.
Candidates will be considered for temporary project-based fix-term contracts (however depending on skill level and experience, permanent contracts may be offered), based in our Makati office, with the opportunity for hybrid-remote working arrangements. Candidates demonstrating exceptional performance in this role will be considered for promotion following the close of 2024 Proxy Season. Incoming research associates will receive comprehensive training on our firm's methods and standards of research. We have multiple employment start dates beginning in late 2023, and all positions are expected to continue through late June or early-July 2024. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Highly motivated candidates are encouraged to submit their applications as early as possible.
- Procure, interpret, and review public filings to extract relevant data points
- Under full-time staff supervision, use data points to create the first draft of analysis
- Edit peers' work as necessary
- Communicate and collaborate with analysts to ensure reports are delivered on time
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor's degree required
- Strong English reading, writing and editing skills
- Computer proficiency and strong typing skills
- Willingness to commit to one-month training program
- Thorough, accurate, organized and productive
- Able to quickly synthesize new information and apply to unique scenarios
- Strong analytical research skills
- Able to work effectively under tight and overlapping deadlines
- Flexibility to navigate shifting priorities
- Desire to learn, with ability to receive and apply feedback
- Able to effectively communicate in a collaborative environment
- Genuine interest in areas of corporate law, economics, finance, public policy and governance is helpful
- Desire to work in a professional, fast-paced atmosphere