E&S Compliance Associate - #116458
Join Our Talent Community
We are an organization based in the state of New York, U.S.A., a recognized world leader in the design and manufacture of high-performance precision control systems for aerospace, aircraft, and industrial use. We believe as an organization that cultivating the Lean Mindset and having a Zero-Defect Mindset (ZDM) will guarantee our future by eliminating the cost of poor quality and strengthening our business competitiveness and therefore value these characteristics in our candidates.
ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH AND SAFETY COMPLIANCE ASSOCIATE:
Duties & Responsibilities:
Responsible for implementation of site compliance tasks and assisting the Site EHS Manager with projects. Works with the team to facilitate, guide and train required site personnel on applicable EHS management programs. Principal accountabilities or Key results of the job:
- Coordinates and conducts site assessments of applicable compliance issues to ensure operational activities are consistent with the needs of the organization and applicable regulatory requirements.
- Performs structured assignments that require some interpretation of data and regulations, identification of problem sources, and possible remedial actions.
- Provide technical guidance to the site personnel and works together with the site in the selection and implementation of compliant processes and programs.
- Identifies when changes to training and compliance tools are necessary to improve functionality and efficiency of the applicable management systems and assists in the implementation of such changes.
- Manages regulatory data, log sheets, analytical data/records for the site. Ensures records, written procedures, programs, and checklists for compliance are accurate, organized and revised as required.
- Guide site on selection of required safety and or environmental equipment for workers, processes, and storage areas. Able to assist site with agency reporting when required.
- Supports and is an active member of the site spill or emergency response teams as appropriate to the job role.
- Supports the needs of Site and Corporate Environmental and Safety projects and initiatives. This role will require someone who has a great focus on quality and can demonstrate a Zero-Defect Mindset.
The successful applicant is expected to understand the business objectives, follow standard work instructions, to find and fix problems, continuously seek improvements on various processes and standards; and utilize a wide variety of manufacturing tools (i.e., 5S, Lean concept, Visual management, 6 sigma and other improvement tools applicable).
This role will require someone who has a great focus on quality and can demonstrate a Zero-Defect Mindset where he/she will commit to do things right the first time, every time; creating a work environment where nearly right and good enough are not acceptable.
- Degree in the field of Engineering
- 5 years of experience in the field of environmental & safety engineering & compliance
- Associate member of safety organization
Minimum Skills and Knowledge Required:
Specific Regulatory background required:
- Certified Safety Practitioner by the Department of Labor and Employment
- Must obtain and maintain related environmental, hazardous materials transportation and emergency response certifications as required for the position.
- Environmental – Must obtain and maintain PCO 40-hour certification.
- Must be comfortable and effective in communication to listen, comprehend and influence site decision making.
- Must be able communicate successfully to train others and modify standard regulatory training courses with software programs such as Mind Map, Articulate, PowerPoint, etc.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (i.e., PowerPoint, Excel) and the core behavioral competencies identified in section.
Must be available for site to contact in an emergency for guidance. Respiratory protective equipment may be required to be worn under certain job tasks; incumbent needs to be able to wear such equipment, as needed.
About Moog, Inc.:Our company began in 1951 with Bill Moog’s invention, the servo valve, a device which became the heart of high performance motion control systems. Today, Moog Inc. (NYSE: MOG.A and MOG.B) is a worldwide designer, manufacturer, and integrator of motion control parts and systems
Headquartered in East Aurora, NY, we proudly serve customers in more than 90 countries. Our operations extend to more than 27 countries and our talented, global workforce is nearly 13,000 strong
Our company is organized into three operating groups: Aircraft, Industrial, and Space and Defense. Our high-performance systems control military and commercial aircraft, satellites and space vehicles, launch vehicles, missiles, automated industrial machinery, and marine and medical equipment. What sets Moog apart is our commitment to creating high-performance solutions that solve our customers’ most difficult technical challenges
But it's more than technical excellence that defines us. Moog is a performance culture that empowers people to achieve great things. Our employees enjoy tackling interesting technical challenges in a culture of trust. For you, working with us can mean deeper job satisfaction, better rewards, and a great quality of life inside and outside of work.