Electrical Substation Engineer 3 - #116249
Black & Veatch
At Black & Veatch, our employee-owners go beyond the project. For over a century, we have been breaking down social, economic and geographic barriers by making life's critical resources accessible to all. Working with us, you will help provide critical expertise as we, along with our valued clients, deliver solutions that positively impact communities around the world. Our professionals are our greatest asset, and we believe nothing is more important than the health, happiness and professional growth of our employee-owners. With a focus on flexible work-life balance options, an expanding and diverse workforce, and limitless career growth opportunities, we will give you our best to help you give us your best, and together we can build a world of difference.
Req Id : 101708
Opportunity Type : Staff
Relocation eligible : No
Full time/Part time : Full-Time
Contract Hire Only for this Project : No
Functions in a mid level engineer capacity, or technical specialist. Under general supervision, performs all aspects of conventional design engineering and analysis. Broadens knowledge and skill set in area of discipline. May start to expand knowledge in other disciplines and/or functional areas.
- Continues to learn and remains current on departmental design guides, standards, systems, applicable engineering codes and Black and Veatch policies and procedures
- Applies to assigned tasks as appropriate
- Begins to independently apply knowledge and complies with Black and Veatch quality program relative to assigned tasks
- Supports continuous improvement and change management efforts
- Prepares a variety of moderately complex engineering deliverables
- Performs complex research and develops recommendations for equipment and/or materials selection
- Collects, assimilates, and manages data for engineering work
- Prepares complex engineering calculations following standard methods and principles
- Understands and adheres to budget, schedule, and quality requirements
- Recognizes, defines and resolves problems within assigned area
- May provide direction and guidance to others
- Assigns tasks to and coordinates with other internal/external team members on less complex projects
- Initiates contact with other disciplines as needed to identify and coordinate details of the work
- Actively seeks to understand client interests and drivers through normal client contact and through interaction and communication with project leadership
- Applies understanding of client interests and drivers to their own behavior and performance of the work under his/her responsibility
- May provide support to business development or pursuit activities
Knowledge Sharing, Innovation and Technology:
- Shares current knowledge of latest technology and processes
People Management - (supervision, career development, training, mentoring):
- May assist with performance management process, mentoring, recognition, and any corrective actions required
- Experience in Substation (Protection & Control)
- Technical Knowledge for High Voltage (69KV up)
- Experience in Automation IEC 61850
- Learning on the Fly
- Problem Solving
- Intellectual Horsepower
- Written Communications
- Drive For Results
- Listening and Dealing with Ambiguity
- Intermediate knowledge of engineering design principles and applicable design guides and standards related to assigned engineering discipline
Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing. Minimum of 3 years related work experience All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
Black & Veatch is committed to being an employer of choice by creating a valuable work experience that keeps our people engaged, productive, safe and healthy. We offer professionals an array of health and welfare benefits that vary based on their geographic region and employment status. This may include health, life accident and disability insurances, paid time off, financial programs and more. Professionals may also be eligible for a performance-based bonus program.
By valuing diverse voices and perspectives, we cultivate an authentically inclusive environment for professionals and are able to provide innovative and effective solutions for clients.