Driver - #116004
Education Development Center
Education Development Center (EDC) is a global nonprofit that advances lasting solutions to improve education, promote health, and expand economic opportunity, with a focus on vulnerable and under-served populations. Since 1958, we have been a leader in designing, implementing, and evaluating powerful and innovative programs in more than 80 countries around the world.
EDC promotes equity and access to high quality education and health services and products that contribute to thriving communities where people from diverse backgrounds learn, live, and work together. We support an inclusive workplace culture that embraces many perspectives and broadens our understanding of the communities we serve, enhancing and enriching our work.
Opportunity 2.0 (O2), funded by USAID, will strengthen second-chance education programs for vulnerable out-of-school youth in the Philippines. Opportunity 2.0 will collaborate and work with national and local systems supporting youth with the skills and opportunities to improve their education, employment, and livelihood outcomes.
Achieving this vision will require a multi-faceted, systems-strengthening approach that aligns the formal education system, markets, and youth “sub-systems” at the regional levels. This will be achieved by providing experienced project personnel embedded in government departments; further aligning the input of technical assistance; and maximizing opportunities to bring together the respective stakeholders to identify and refine synergies and transition pathways for youth, particularly between Department of Education (DepEd)’s Alternative Learning System (ALS) program and the Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA).
The incumbent serves as the EDC driver responsible for the safe transport of project staff and ensuring the vehicles are properly maintained and in good condition. The person in this position requires familiarity with practices and procedures, must be able to perform the full scope of tasks with a minimum of supervisory guidance. Ability to exercise judgment and observe pertinent traffic regulations. This position reports to the Operations & Procurement Manager. The NCR Hub covers operations in Pasig City, Valenzuela City, Quezon City, Angeles City and Legazpi City. This position is located in Pasig City.
Essential functions include:
- Safely transport EDC staff and visitors.
- Perform daily inspection of the vehicle, alert supervisor of any maintenance issues.
- Keep the vehicle clean, in serviceable condition and perform minor preventative maintenance.
- Maintain and update daily vehicle/passenger log.
- Properly record gasoline consumption.
- Assure that the vehicle is equipped with the proper equipment (first aid kit and other safety tools and devices).
- Assure accidents are reported to supervisor in compliance with the EDC policies and procedures and applicable local laws.
- Plan travel routes and requirements by studying schedules and requests.
- Pick up and deliver mail and other materials, bank, and other errands as necessary.
- Assist the project staff in the delivery of O2 supplies and goods to/from the venues.
- Assist the Admin/Operations Officer during staff travel, workshops, meetings, and other project activities.
- When not performing driver’s functions, assist in photocopying, scanning, binding, or other entry-level clerical tasks.
- Coordinate with the Admin/Operations Officer on driving services and other miscellaneous tasks; and
- Performs other related tasks as required by the Admin/Operations Officer.
Organizational Relationships and Employment Status
Reports to Operations and Procurement Manager
Based in Pasig with travel to all project sites
Full time employee
Vocational training and 5 years of driving experience required.
Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of 5 years of driving experience, preferably with another donor-funded NGO.
- Valid professional driver’s license and good driving record.
- Experience in operating a manual transmission vehicle.
- Familiarity with local roads and routes in assigned project sites.
- Working knowledge of automotive mechanical work and ability to conduct minor repairs preferred.
- Detail-oriented and organized.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain composure and work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and effectively in teams.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Willingness to work and travel in all project areas.
- Physically fit to drive for long hours and lift objects equivalent to 50 lbs.
Effective oral communication in Filipino language, and basic oral and written communication skills in English.
Please provide a cover letter and CV. Include 3 professional references within the CV. Do not send photocopies of diplomas, certificates, or attestations. Due to the volume of applications submitted, only finalists will be notified.