Dietitian (Reliever) - #88369
Tebow CURE Hospital of the Philippines is looking for a Registered Dietitian (Reliever) with strong leadership skills and knowledge of food planning and preparation.
The Dietitian is responsible for planning and conducting food service or nutritional programs to assist in the promotion of health and control of the disease. May supervise activities of a department providing quantity food services, counsel individuals, or conduct nutritional research.
- Assess patients’ nutritional needs, diet restrictions and current health plans to develop and implement dietary care plans and provide nutritional counseling
- Consult with physicians and a health care professional to determine the patient’s nutritional needs and diet restrictions.
- Conduct individual counseling, especially to a patient under pre-and post-operation on the basic rules of good nutrition and healthy eating habits to attain optimum nutrition and fast recovery.
- Conduct nutrition monitoring and advise patients and their families on nutritional principles, dietary plans, diet modification, and food selection and preparation.
- Oversee and Monitor food service operation to ensure conformance to nutritional, safety, sanitation, and quality standards.
- Train food preparation or food service personnel.
- Coordinate activities of food service staff.
- Direct activities of one or more workers who assist in preparing and serving meals.
- Check and monitor inpatients’ diet changes, progression and dietary restriction, pre-and post-operation with other health care professionals (Nurse, Physicians)
- Plan menus that are varied, nutritionally balanced, and appetizing, taking advantage of foods in season and local availability.
- Coordinate recipe development and standardization, develop new menus, and practice cycle menus to avoid repetition.
- Make sure to incorporate an individualized diet for patients with food restrictions and diet modifications.
- Determine meal prices, based on calculations of ingredient prices.
- Develop policies for food services or nutritional programs to assist in health promotion and disease control
- Inspect meals served in conformance to presented diets and standards of palatability and appearance.
- Prepare and administer budgets for food, equipment & supplies.
- Monitor food purchases in accordance with health and safety codes.
- Perform any other duties assigned to further the mission of CURE Philippines Inc.
- Minimum Education Required: Bachelor of Science in Nutrition and Dietetics
- Licenses/Certifications Required; if any: License Nutritionist-Dietitian
- Minimum Experience Required: At least 2 years of experience as a Dietitian
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to listen carefully to instructions
- Ability to understand written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Ability to manage one's own time and the time of others.
- Able to actively look for ways to help people.