Customer Care Specialist I (LRE) - #101219
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
Avid makes technology and collaborative tools so creators can entertain, inform, educate and enlighten the world. Our customers are the visionaries behind the most inspiring feature films, television programs, news broadcasts, televised sporting events, music recording and live concerts.
To learn how Avid powers greater creators or for more information, visit www.avid.com.JOB SUMMARY
Avid’s LRE team is responsible for helping customers worldwide resolve issues regarding Avid licensing, registration, and entitlement. Avid has a product range from low-end host based to high-end infrastructure solutions, including dedicated mixing surfaces, video editing, music production, post-production, and broadcast news. This broad range of products include sophisticated licensing and management tools.
Working in association with our Technical Support and Webstore Support teams, this individual will be responsible for ensuring consistency of support standards throughout our swimlanes’ customer base.
The Avid LRE customer specialist will be reporting to a Sr. Team Leader in the Global Customer Care team.RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Provide support on activation, registration, licensing administration services to Avid end users and administrators using a wide variety of complex licensing and product management tools across all Avid product lines
- Document customer cases thoroughly and accurately in Avid’s case management system
- Responsible for triaging customer calls from key account, Tier 1 and 2 end users; creating cases and re-routing them to appropriate queues
- Troubleshoot basic technical support issues caused by licensing and activation
- Set up and execute remote troubleshooting sessions when required using remote desktop applications
- Resolve customer issues efficiently and in accordance with established standards defined by customer eligibility
- Own and manage customer LRE cases from beginning to end, maintaining customer communication in accordance with case handling standards
- Interface with other internal groups as needed to resolve customer issues, especially Webstore and Technical Support
- Categorize cases appropriately regarding escalation criteria
- Provide licensing management services such as activation, deactivation, and transfer of ownership
- Answer questions about products, entitlements, warranties, or terms of sale as needed
- Share feature requests and effective workarounds with team members
- Alert appropriate colleagues to any emerging field failure trends
- Assist with creation of knowledgebase content for LRE support
- Escalate cases when required
- Stay current with product compatibility requirements and provide information to customers
- Ensure customer satisfaction and provide professional customer support
- Respond to customer queries in a timely and accurate manner, via web-based submissions, chat and/or phone interactions
- You have a passion for Avid technology and have some experience with providing support via Phone, Email or chat
- You will own customer issues from start to finish
- You have excellent attention to detail
- You understand the basics of software license management
- Sometimes you will not know the right answer, but you are the kind of person who is always up for a challenge
- You will rely on your resources and your team and quickly research a response
- You can multi-task, prioritize and manage your time effectively
- You must exhibit patience when handling tough customers and/or cases
- You must possess the ability to ask direct and relevant questions to identify the underlying cause; Displays accuracy and efficiency in all aspects of the role are detail oriented.
- You can quickly identify pain points and understand trigger statements
- You must know when to escalate and report
- You have strong interpersonal and team working skills, able to communicate successfully with a wide variety of people across all levels and functions
- You are willing to learn constantly, seek and give advice, share knowledge with others.
- You are searching for solutions actively and taking ownership of tasks
- The capacity to think critically and be self-monitoring (making self-corrective improvements in performance, organization) is also essential to this job
- A minimum of 1-2 years proven experience as a Customer Support agent is required
- Strong computer skills required, must be comfortable with technology
- Knowledge of remote desktop tools is a must
- Basic troubleshooting skills required
- Above average skills in MS Office required
- Fluency in English required (both in written and verbal)
- Some college education is required (undergraduate of at least 2 years)
- Willingness to work on shifting schedule required
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills required
- Experience using helpdesk software and remote support tools a plus
- Helpdesk Support experience is preferred
Avid is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!