Compliance Analyst - #116074
We are a leading financial services provider committed to making decisions easier and lives better for our customers and colleagues around the world. From our environmental initiatives to our community investments, we lead with values throughout our business. To help us stand out, we help you step up, because when colleagues are healthy, respected and meaningfully challenged, we all thrive. Discover how you can grow your career, make impact and drive real change with our Winning Team today.
The AML/ATF Operations team is responsible for complying with the anti-money laundering/anti-terrorist financing (AML/ATF) regulations on behalf of all Canadian Domiciled entities of Manulife. This includes: The Manufacturers Life Insurance Company, Manulife Investment Management Limited, Manulife Securities, Manulife Investments and Manulife Bank. Reporting to the AML/ATF Program Manager, the AML Compliance Analyst will be responsible for the effective investigation and case management of watch list scanning and transaction scenario monitoring for all lines of business in adherence to Manulife’s AML/ATF Policies.
- Review transaction alerts alert and suspicious activities or detect irregularities regarding Money Laundering daily.
- Review daily name scanning alerts to detect and mitigate hidden reputational risks that the client may pose for Manulife.
- Investigating Incoming Foreign wire transfers and Third-party payment on a weekly basis to know the country conducting the transaction and relationship and source of funds for third party payor.
- Prepare FINTRAC regulatory reporting within prescribed timeframes to ensure compliance obligations are met and financial penalties are not delivered by regulator.
- Follow AML guidelines and ensure enhanced due to diligence is applied for Politically Exposed Person, High Risk Clients, and government regulations.
- Work directly with business unit in response to issues and questions regarding fraud and anti-money laundering related processes.
- Follow AML guidelines and ensure enhanced due to diligence is applied for Politically Exposed Person, High Risk Clients and government regulations.
- Review Risk Based Due Diligence reports in AML and create High risk cases for further reviews and monitoring of clients.
- Ensure accurate case management and record keeping protocols are maintained with regards to regulatory filing requirements
Key Shared Accountabilities:
- Use judgment and knowledge of money laundering patterns to assess whether transactions are suspicious; conduct investigations and make recommendations as to the appropriate course of action; draft suspicious transaction reports where required.
- Investigate and assess the risk of alerts identified by Manulife’s customer risk assessment tools.
- Maintain proper records and audit trail of investigation activity and disposition actions for all alerts.
- Maintain a current understanding of money laundering and terrorist financing issues, including policies, procedures, regulations, industry best practices, criminal typologies and developing trends. Assist in identifying systemic procedural weaknesses and additional training enhancements for Offshore AML Team with a particular focus on unusual activity.
What we are looking for
- Bachelor’s degree and/or associate degree plus equivalent combination of education, additional certification and/or experience.
- Work experience in finance or insurance operations is preferred but not required.
- Sound AML regulatory knowledge.
- Effective analytical skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills to communicate complex issues and circumstances to all levels of staff and management.
- Strong time management with ability to take responsibility and operate independently to ensure that compliance objectives are achieved.
- Ability to remain calm and to deal effectively with contentious issues.
- Detail oriented, able to handle multiple tasks, and adapt quickly to changing business needs to meet deadlines.
- Technologically savvy – ability to learn to navigate multiple systems.
- Must be proficient in using Microsoft Office Tools (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Candidate must demonstrate problem solving skills.
- Ability to apply sound judgment with strong decision-making skills.
- Proactive individual with demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and extraordinary attention to detail.
- 1-2 years relevant working experience in Compliance, KYC (Name Scanning), Transaction Monitoring and other AML related task preferred but not required.
- Strong knowledge of all Manulife products, processes and systems preferred but not required. For internal candidates: Should not have any attendance issues or disciplinary action and consistent in meeting/exceeding metrics and job requirement in the past 12 months.
Our commitment to you
We lead with our Values every day and bring them to life together. Boundless opportunity
We create opportunities to learn and grow at every stage of your career. Continuous innovation
We invite you to help redefine the future of financial services. Delivering the promise of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We foster an inclusive workplace where everyone thrives. Championing Corporate Citizenship
We build a business that benefits all stakeholders and has a positive social and environmental impact.
What can we offer you?
A competitive salary and benefits packages. A growth trajectory that extends upward and outward, encouraging you to follow your passions and learn new skills. A focus on growing your career path with us. Flexible work policies and strong work-life balance. Professional development and leadership opportunities.
About Manulife and John Hancock
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we operate as Manulife across our offices in Asia, Canada, and Europe, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. We provide financial advice, insurance, and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2022, we had more than 40,000 employees, over 116,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving over 34 million customers. At the end of 2022, we had $1.3 trillion (US$1.0 trillion) in assets under management and administration, including total invested assets of $0.4 trillion (US $0.3 trillion), and segregated funds net assets of $0.3 trillion (US$0.3 trillion). We trade as ‘MFC’ on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges, and under ‘945’ in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife /John Hancock , we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention, advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour , ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process . All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies . To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact [email protected] .